Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Texas Hydrocross Helmet Cam Footage

if anyone is interested I will be posting here my helmet cam footage from the 2009 Texas Hydrocross series. Video's taken with a Go Pro Helmet Hero camera. The video files are big so it's gonna take me a while to get them all up on vimeo (they have a weekly limit on data usage), so for now I'll post one..then i'll others as i'm able to get them up and online.

anyway, here is the first video. Supercourse racing Sunday 8-9-09 in Somerville texas. Race 4 Pro Open/Pro Stock in the same race...I was running open. Funny story I forgot to turn the camera on before the race started so I didn't get the start on this one..i started the camera halfway through the first lap. I have another vid with the start I will post when I can. Don't forget to check back cuz I will be posting more videos as I get them online. Enjoy!

ps: Interesting stuff at around 15 minutes (u can see a spill in the distance then I pass by the downed rider, Eric Cappleman), and at aroun 21-22 minutes there is a good passing battle between me and Brian Smith). i should also mention that during this entire race i had 2, 3 and 4 (kurt divine, curtis reinburg, and mike younts) hot on my heals, and that the lake got exponentially rougher in the last 10 minutes or so (the race was called early due to lightning nearby). when I make the pass in between Bryan Smith and Thomas Dykeman (forgive me if i butchered the spelling on any names) around minute 23 things got hectic as five riders behind me hit that left hand turn all at once. Almost certainly blinded by spray racers got pushed outside and Mike Younts capitalized railing the inside to make the jump from 4th to 2nd, which is how we finished when the race was called. i need a second camera facin backwards for moments like that.

Here is the video from the previous day of racing 8-8-09. This video includes the (poor in my case) start. However this one is bit of a different experience because I'm not in the front the whole time...in fact I'm never in the front. Not my best showing...race wise...but an interesting watch. We didn't have the handling dialed in on saturday and if you pay attention its pretty obvious how much better the boat handles the turns on Sunday compared to Saturday. In some of the turns I end up sliding almost completely sideways across the water.

The first 8 or so minutes are pretty interesting as I'm trying to make up lost ground from the bad start...start watching at about 6:30 for some intense spray in the face passing attempts. things kinda go downhill starting at around 30 minutes...i got extremely worn out from battling that of a setup. I'll get some more specific minutes to watch later.
    Last edited by tylerdwhite; 08-11-2009 at 09:07 PM.

course orientation from the day before..saturday 8-8-09. not quite as exciting but interesting none-the-less.

+1
    sweet video!

glad to see your ski back up and running. I think I need to come try some of your supercourse racing. We have a 90 mile race this weekend on a 5 mile course, this one should be pretty interesting. I like that carbon fiber hood by the way.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Hey tyler, what do you use on your goggles to keep the water sheeting off as fast as possible? I couldnt ever see clearly enough to try to make a pass in a corner.

+1
    He just keeps his eyes closed & hopes for the best.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    glad to see your ski back up and running. I think I need to come try some of your supercourse racing. We have a 90 mile race this weekend on a 5 mile course, this one should be pretty interesting. I like that carbon fiber hood by the way.
    thanks man its running great. you should DEFINITELY come out. bring as many people as you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post
    Hey tyler, what do you use on your goggles to keep the water sheeting off as fast as possible? I couldnt ever see clearly enough to try to make a pass in a corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    He just keeps his eyes closed & hopes for the best.
    he pretty much said it dave. you are going to get blinded by spray. just avoid it as much as possible. its all part of the game!

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Cool, see you at nationals

Sweet Video Tyler! It did get pretty Knarley at the 21 minute mark! Lots of splash on the face too! Keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Sweet Video Tyler! It did get pretty Knarley at the 21 minute mark! Lots of splash on the face too! Keep posting!
    Thanks man I'll be filming pretty much all my races from now on (hopefully with multiple cameras soon) so I'll have plenty to post if people are interested. I'm uploading my entire LB2CAT video right now so I'll post that as soon as it finishes so you can brag about how you left me in the dust...er...spray.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information