+1

rxtx No more porposing but other problem

sorry its a RXPX ..soo i went out and the ski ran a solid 73.0 mph full tank of gas with no porposing but i ran into another issue...after taking it out of the water above the sponson all the way to the front almost equal with the exhasut manifold on the inside...on the outside of the hull there are two tiny parallel cracks...like 2 to 3 inches long hairline fracture...if you run over with finger you can feel it but its not taking on water at all.....how do i seal it up...do i need to repair the fiberglass or can i do sumthing on the hulll...i rode for about 2 to 3 hours after i noticed them today and they are still the same size and shape.....need to really look to notice....anyone got any sugestions?

+1
    Does it start at the first bolt on the sponson? A buddy has them on his RXPX. But he had changed his sponsons and someone hit his ski at the dock about the same time, too. So he never really figured out how or why the hairline cracks started. Doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I would be unhappy about them showing up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Does it start at the first bolt on the sponson? A buddy has them on his RXPX. But he had changed his sponsons and someone hit his ski at the dock about the same time, too. So he never really figured out how or why the hairline cracks started. Doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I would be unhappy about them showing up.
    yea im not happy....its right above like 3 inches above the first bolt.. i think im gonna buy a gelcoat pen and go over it along the crack to seal it up for a little while

Thread Information