Lightbulb RRFPR-educate me PLEASE!

I am not sure what it doas and why do i need to have. Would it help with realability ? Could some one please educate me on this one? (simply words please)

Thanks,
    Peter

Also..... would the RIVA Pro-Series Sponson Kit fits on RXT-X ?

+1
    You use it to increase your fuel pressure when using higher boost super chargers so that you do not run your engine too lean

is't bigger injectors would justified this issue?

bigger injectors with the regulator set at the right pressure and your afr numbers reading where they are supposed to be will take care of a lean issue...

+1
    With a RRFPR you can run smaller injectors with higher boost applications..The benefit to this over bigger injectors is that with a stock ECU the RRFPR will Add more fuel as the boost increases therefor you will not load up or richen up in non boost apps..With Bigger injectors and no RRFPR you can and will run rich in the non boost apps..This can also cause piston wash which could end up in catistrophic results...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    With a RRFPR you can run smaller injectors with higher boost applications..The benefit to this over bigger injectors is that with a stock ECU the RRFPR will Add more fuel as the boost increases therefor you will not load up or richen up in non boost apps..With Bigger injectors and no RRFPR you can and will run rich in the non boost apps..This can also cause piston wash which could end up in catistrophic results...
    Perfect explanation, thanks. Is it hard to install it?

+1
    Its pretty easy to install. I would get the kit from jerrys store. It has instructions and shows pictures of everything you need to do. Thats the route I went. Some people get cheapo units from ebay and try to rig it all together.

Works flawless.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Its pretty easy to install. I would get the kit from jerrys store. It has instructions and shows pictures of everything you need to do. Thats the route I went. Some people get cheapo units from ebay and try to rig it all together.

Works flawless.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that ... make sure after installation that your fuel pressure is indeed increasing with boost, as many have needed to install a higher volume fuel pump to make it work properly!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    ... Some people get cheapo units from ebay and try to rig it all together...
    ... and some of us have had success doing it!

05, I actually set up one of my ski's like your setup. the only thing I did different was one drill the stock black pipe(the one that stock regulator plugs into) with a 7/32 bit. I did the calc awhile back and I believe by doing that, it would allow around 20% more flow of fuel if the pressure is the same. the second thing is where you tapped your return, I put another fitting on the bottom and hooked up a 3 inch line to go into the stock fuel canister. I believe they put that canister there for 2 reasons, one is if your low on fuel, the height of fuel in the canister will be higher than the tank so you have less of a chance of sucking up air in rough water. second, the fuel helps cool of the pump. I think based on your pic of where your return is, the fuel will fall back into the tank and not the canister.
    Mike
    btw, thanks for the idea.

Thread Information