Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4

    anyone went from rxpx to fzr??and views?

    ive spoke vie email to jerry and he cant speak highly enough on the diffrence from rxp to fzr.him owning one instead of a seadoo speaks volumes in my eyes!
    i ride 99%sea usually heavy anything from 2-3ft on a very calm day upwards.
    ive been told the fzr isnt as fast holeshot-midrange etc as rxp-x but is better in the sea and jerry says very agile for such a large ski and that it dont ride as big as it looks.
    our yam dealer dont do test-rides and no-one round heres got a sho let alone fzr so cant really get a go on one.

    i love my p-x but i dont wear blinkers so ive been looking at possible replacements if i got offered good money for mine
    ps im not in to rxt-x,sho etc only other one id have is 260x.

    how have the ex seadoo guys took to the fzr?pros and cons please.


  2. #2
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    ive spoke vie email to jerry and he cant speak highly enough on the diffrence from rxp to fzr.him owning one instead of a seadoo speaks volumes in my eyes!
    i ride 99%sea usually heavy anything from 2-3ft on a very calm day upwards.
    ive been told the fzr isnt as fast holeshot-midrange etc as rxp-x but is better in the sea and jerry says very agile for such a large ski and that it dont ride as big as it looks.
    our yam dealer dont do test-rides and no-one round heres got a sho let alone fzr so cant really get a go on one.

    i love my p-x but i dont wear blinkers so ive been looking at possible replacements if i got offered good money for mine
    ps im not in to rxt-x,sho etc only other one id have is 260x.

    how have the ex seadoo guys took to the fzr?pros and cons please.
    with your riding conditions the FZR crushes the PX, hands down. With the FZR you wont get beat up, the FZR takes to the chop 90% better than the PX. if your wanting a ski to holeshot and get to 70mph fast that would be a diff story.
    I rode the FZS in the Ocean 40 miles and then turned around and rode the TX back the same 40 miles, the FZ really made the PX look bad. not even close in comfort. hope that helps

  3. #3
    shhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Springfield,TN
    Posts
    2,546
    +1
    311
    if I rode in rough water all the time and I was not planning on trying to get my ski over 70 I would get the Ultra260

  4. #4

    has your same issue

    i own 09 rxp-x rs and i drove/raced the fzr and the 260x and i also ride in the sea with 1-3ft chops depending on wind conditions

    the rxp-x will run close and might pass both those ski's in flat water but a slight chop and you will see both ski's running past! the p-x is more nimble and fun (for my taste), fzr/260x are heavier. the p-x has a better holeshot than them. in conclusion, rxp-x is great for flat water, but will perform badly against fzr/260x in rough water.

    now fzr vs. 260x

    fzr = 2 seater, upgradable (look at jerrys thread), has a lot of options, performs better than rxp-x in chop but not as good as the 260x.

    260x = 3-seater, IMO looks better than both, very plain (not much options), best for offshore and rough water, can't be upgraded to the level of rx or fz.

    i am staying the p-x for now and will upgrade it to provide both better hook up and top speed. If im still unhappy, i will sell it and go for the fzr (when they release the RIVA ECU)!

    The 260x will be my last option if i dont want to modify the ski and im fine with a big hull.

  5. #5
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    thanks guys.i was out earlier and up to about .5miles off-shore it was about 1-2ft chop out about 4miles it was like 4-6ftchop and i just feel that where you hit a wave and maybe catch a wave landing it flicks the ski up at the tail i feel the heavier ski wouldnt be as bad for this am i correct?

    can i ask you guys this if you could get a cc race in 4ftchop what would win stock for stock?say with t-x instead of p-x?
    so rxt-x
    ultra260x
    fzr,fzs

    would i be right thinking the ultra?

  6. #6
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    if I rode in rough water all the time and I was not planning on trying to get my ski over 70 I would get the Ultra260

    being totally honest guys is there any ski that could keep up with a stock ultra 5miles off-shore in4-6ft chop?

  7. #7
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    with your riding conditions the FZR crushes the PX, hands down. With the FZR you wont get beat up, the FZR takes to the chop 90% better than the PX. if your wanting a ski to holeshot and get to 70mph fast that would be a diff story.
    I rode the FZS in the Ocean 40 miles and then turned around and rode the TX back the same 40 miles, the FZ really made the PX look bad. not even close in comfort. hope that helps
    theres very little weight diffrence in the fzr-fzs......few lbs correct?
    so they make the rxt-x look bad?
    how would the ultra have faired that day?
    the fact you use a fzr now speaks volumes aswell.does the yam handle bhoys as good as the p-x?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    being totally honest guys is there any ski that could keep up with a stock ultra 5miles off-shore in4-6ft chop?

    That question depends on the rider. I own a SHO. I rode an Ultra 250 this past weekend in some decent chop and it’s definitely easier on the knees than the SHO but speed wise the SHO was faster imo when riding both WOT for about a minute or so.

  9. #9
    i am trying to sell my gp1300r to buy a new fzr/fzs

    are the fzr and fzs really the same ski with just different seat?

    the fzr is 131.9L, while the fzs is 132.7

    only 6 pounds dry weight difference....

    i ride in the long island sound - mostly chop very rarely is it flat

  10. #10
    yes same ski, the diff in length is the FZS with the reboarding step and the FZR is fitted with a two seat capacity and FZS with 3. also if u plan to do any towing u will want to go with the FZS because it has the tow hook and is rating for towing unlike the FZR awesum ski's ya gonna love it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boost and RPM loss.....went from 8500 to 8100...where did you find your boost leak???
    By gmoeller in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 03:16 PM
  2. looking to convert from fzs to fzr ..anyone wanna trade up?
    By vvinmann in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 10:47 AM
  3. anyone went from rxp/rxp-x to ultra250/260x?
    By baba850r in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
  4. Switching from Gas to Diesel and have ???
    By 1 FAST VE in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
  5. Injectors from rxpx to put on rxp 215?
    By Pablo700 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •