Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Big or not to big problem ??????

Could any body tell me what is the problem with my ski. Today i went on the water after about 15 min i did start to loose power first on low rpm while i was taking of.
    Up to 4k rpm the engine had very low power then after giving little more throttle the full power kicked back on. The top speed was a bit lower: 66mph not 68.
    Then after jumping a wave i had same symptoms this time with a full throttle! Engine rpms went up only to 5.7k rpm at full throttle with almost no power. After letting it off then giving throttle again the rpm and power came back on like nothing happened. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thnx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamil269 View Post
    Could any body tell me what is the problem with my ski. Today i went on the water after about 15 min i did start to loose power first on low rpm while i was taking of.
    Up to 4k rpm the engine had very low power then after giving little more throttle the full power kicked back on. The top speed was a bit lower: 66mph not 68.
    Then after jumping a wave i had same symptoms this time with a full throttle! Engine rpms went up only to 5.7k rpm at full throttle with almost no power. After letting it off then giving throttle again the rpm and power came back on like nothing happened. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thnx
    What boat?

2006 RXT 38h, metal washers and ceramic bearings.

How's the sc hose to tb look?

Anything obstructing the air intake?

Everything looks good.
    Thnx

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Plugs... not real sure But... I can tell you one thing for sure... get rid of those ceramic SC bearings

So i did check everything and it really look ok. I went today for another test run and it was the same. I am giving some throttle and ski is like low power then even with out giving any more throttle about two second after the whole power is exploding and ski is fast like there is no problem.
    Once i gave full throttle and ski was stuck on 5k rmp then 3second after like from nowhere the full power is back on.
    Did any body ever had a similar problem? I was wondering if it may be a slipping charger fun, bad gas some problem with injectors? Oh, Also after fast run for about 5 seconds the engine behave normally then after that is starting to work like no power again. I did check the pressure and all 3 cylinders had same reading....

Please help
    K

Sticky throttle cable/linkage?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information