Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP leaking when docked

I have an 05 RXP that is taking on water while docked. Right after putting it in the water and taking it for a ride, I can come back and not have any water in the hull at all and is not overheating either. But after it has sat at the dock for a few hours it has a good amount of water in the bottom of it. Today it sat at the dock for about 6 hours straight and when I came back it had water almost up to the supercharger. With the ski out of the water I can't seem to see any water leaking out. I checked the sponsons and resealed them and that hasn't helped at all, and I have also looked at the driveshaft seal and it looks like its in a good condition and everything. I just can't seem to figure out where the water is coming from, anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Thanks for your help.

could be cracked seals on the drain plugs on the back of the ski. It seems like you should be able to see water coming out somewhere. I had a bad seal on the driveshaft and mine did that. Make sure no water gets in your intake and you try to start it.

No water while driving just means the venturi siphons are working properly - sucking out any water slowly leaking in.

Maybe try to put a little water in the hull while it is on the trailer to see if anything is leaking out?

i actually just resealed and put new rubber washers on the drain plugs and there is no water coming out of there. That was the first thing I thought that it was too because before I switched them they were cracked, but I guess that it wasn't the problem.

yeah I figured the same thing, that I would have been able to see water coming out and I just cant seem to see any. I figured it would have been coming out pretty strong but even tipping it back on the trailer the only water is coming off the bunks. The water is staying in the hull when the ski is out the water, it is driving me crazy because im on vacation right now and have to take the ski in and out the water whenever I want to use it and don't really want to ride that much when I know its taking on water.

+1
    I'm having the same problem. I put it on the hose, revved it up, no leaks. Filled it with water on the trailer with not much luck. I changed my carbon seal. Now replacing the drain plug o-rings and re-siliconing the thru-hull exhaust exit tip. I have a bilge pump, I suggest you get one if you don't have one. Make sure your OPAS block-offs are sealed (inner AND outer plates) if you have them. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

+1
    Do you have any cavatation? also check the rub rail for leaks and make sure your bailer lines are intacked.

+1
    my 04 was doing that, i put the ski on the trailer, put the nose up as far as i could and put some water in the hull, found it leaking around the plastic stuff the drive shaft goes through.

good luck

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Two words... "bilge pump"... problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Two words... "bilge pump"... problem solved
    +1

bilge pump would probably be a good idea to add but don't have one yet, but this might be the reason to get one. But I don't have OPAS block offs or thru hull, but I was almost thinking that something with the OPAS paddles might be leaking but still can't find any water coming out of there.

there did seem to be a good amount of water coming from the top of the ski so maybe it is coming from somewhere around the rub strip, I will have to check that but I would think that the rub rail is out of the water when it is just sitting at the dock. And all the bailer hoses are all connected and working good. Cavatation I haven't been able to tell about, it has been pretty rough but I will check that out next time I take it out.

I was thinking that it might have something to do with the driveshaft area but I just can't seem to see any water coming out of it when the ski is out of the water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information