Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I didn't want to put on a SHO, so im just a HO! ghostrider757's Avatar

Exclamation 2009 FX HO Cruiser- What to mod?

Just picked up an 09 FX HO Cruiser. My goal is to gain a real 5mph on the GPS (not the dream o meter). It is bone stock. I was thinking going with a Riva RPM kit to accomplish this. I would like to hear other opinions on what brand/parts that may be better. I just ride for fun, I dont take it to the ocean, goes mostly in brackish water. Basically looking for straight line performance.

And for the SHO folks, yeah....I thought about getting one, but the SC is just 1 more EXPENSIVE thing to break and I prefer the fuel economy.

Any and all ideas to get me in the right direction are appreciated!

I would go with the Riva RPM kit. I have it (sans the impeller) and I get 62 MPH on GPS. They are simple bolt on items. I could prob get another 1MPH with the impeller, but dont really want to take the pump off. I will probably replace it once the factory impeller and the wear ring are worn out...

+1
    I think he is talking about the new 1.8L HO I don't think anyone has made a kit for them yet except for the parts you could use off a SHO (rideplate etc)

True. Nothing yet from Riva for the n/a fx ho. he could use some components from the SHO kit though.

Im actually visiting South Florida, so im going to stop over at Riva and see how much I can fit in my carry on luggage lol. I was just not sure if I should go with R&D products or mix and match etc.

Re: 2009 FX HO Cruiser- What to mod?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider757
    Just picked up an 09 FX HO Cruiser. My goal is to gain a real 5mph on the GPS (not the dream o meter). It is bone stock. I was thinking going with a Riva RPM kit to accomplish this. I would like to hear other opinions on what brand/parts that may be better. I just ride for fun, I dont take it to the ocean, goes mostly in brackish water. Basically looking for straight line performance.

And for the SHO folks, yeah....I thought about getting one, but the SC is just 1 more EXPENSIVE thing to break and I prefer the fuel economy.

Get a fx sho fast safe easy way to get HP gains. Also won't void warrentee.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbug View Post
    Get a fx sho fast safe easy way to get HP gains. Also won't void warrentee.
    Your lack of intelligence/comprehenson baffles me.

Theres nothing unsafe about performing basic bolt on mods. Matter of fact, it will improve safety, especially the intake grate.

As stated/quoted in my post, Im not looking for huge gains, I only want enough to add 5mph to my top speed. Simple. Enjoyable. Reliable.

The FX SHO isn't the holy grail. It produces a couple mph more stock....but that also comes with lower compression so the bottom end lacks some power in order for you to be able to add boost. For the lack of a couple HP, I now posess a machine capable of going the distance without failure of a $3000 replacement part AKA the SC. Not saying the SC on it is a piece....just saying I have piece of mind that I wont have to worry about potential breakage.

As far as warranty, I can always have RIVA honor the warranty....they sell the FX HO, they manufacture the parts im putting on it....and worst case scenario.......I put the stock parts back on....some bolt ons, big deal.

I may be a n00b on this site....but your first post blows me away!

+1
    Keep us posted on results please. I would realy like to know how well these skis respond to a little modding. Still thinking about one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Keep us posted on results please. I would realy like to know how well these skis respond to a little modding. Still thinking about one myself.
    I only have a Tom Tom 720 GPS to test with. Not the greatest, nor does it give me decimals, however it should give a good rough idea, which is satisfactory for me at least. I plan on doing a baseline run stock when I get back from Florida, and next weekend if time allows, I should have the full RPM kit in and see the results. I'll post up how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider757 View Post

the fuel economy is gunna go up with any added parts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information