Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OCMS question

OCMS question

The company that offered the kit to change the lower hose of the catch can to a drain then plug off the hose with the motor mount plug, why do they not offer it anymore. It would be nice to just purchase a well made kit? Anyone else offer these that you know of? Mike

It is not offered anymore because of cost to produce and the demand. You can easily duplicate the ocms at home.

David

+1

OCMS

Mike,

The image of the hose attached to the block is the former "line from the bottom of the catch can to the block" showing the line removed from the bottom of the catch can, now plugged, and bolted to the block where the engine removal lifting strap attached to the engine. (The circled images are courtesy of an "earthshaker" post.)

The picture of the loose components is the kit for an 07, the kit for our 08's is the same, but you don't use the fitting in the lower left corner of the image, all parts that you would use are displayed in the image with the two green circles.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wolftrader

Thanks Wolftrader for the pics, who made them and would they still make another kit for an 08? Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    Thanks Wolftrader for the pics, who made them and would they still make another kit for an 08? Mike
    One of the guys is David (halfassjack) who posted the #2 post in this thread. And I think he answered the question very clearly in his reply.

The cost to produce 50 or 100 units would make the purchase price extremely painful.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftrader View Post
    Mike,

The image of the hose attached to the block is the former "line from the bottom of the catch can to the block" showing the line removed from the bottom of the catch can, now plugged, and bolted to the block where the engine removal lifting strap attached to the engine. (The circled images are courtesy of an "earthshaker" post.)

The picture of the loose components is the kit for an 07, the kit for our 08's is the same, but you don't use the fitting in the lower left corner of the image, all parts that you would use are displayed in the image with the two green circles.

Steve
    Nice pic of an OCMS kit sitting on my work table.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    is that your work bench for young banjo playing lads....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Talking

Bill, if a person knew that halfassjack was the supplier of the kits then one would know "he answered the question very clearly" 'clearly I did not know that by my low number of post thus showing me being new here' Mike

+1

OCMS Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    lol Beagleman, reminds me of a joke

An old Scotsman is sitting with a younger Scottish gentleman and says to the boy, "Ah, lad, look out that window. You see that stone wall there? I built it with me own bare hands, placed every stone meself. But do they call me MacGregor the wall builder? No!"

He takes a few sips of his beer then says, "Aye, and look out on that lake and eye that beautiful pier. I built it meself, laid every board and hammered each nail, but do they call me MacGregor the pier builder? No!"

He continues: "And lad, you see that road? That too I build with me own bare hands. Laid every inch of pavement meself, but do they call MacGregor the road builder? No!"

Again he returns to his beer for a few sips, and then says, "Agh, but you screw one sheep. . . ."

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    Bill, if a person knew that halfassjack was the supplier of the kits then one would know "he answered the question very clearly" 'clearly I did not know that by my low number of post thus showing me being new here' Mike
    Hey Mike, Upon reviewing my post, it did come across a bit condescending. Not my intent.

Sorry about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information