Thread: idle speed

+1

idle speed

on my raider, what should the idle speed be reading on the dash, while in the water? also, on my venture, i think the idle is high, it runs 2-3mph on the dash, when idling. it isnt supposed to be cruising that fast at idle is it? i know i need to get a tach to set them both perfectly, but i just want to get them in the ballpark for the rest of the season.

are there any other tach options besides the pet-2500? it is pretty pricey

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    on my raider, what should the idle speed be reading on the dash, while in the water? also, on my venture, i think the idle is high, it runs 2-3mph on the dash, when idling. it isnt supposed to be cruising that fast at idle is it? i know i need to get a tach to set them both perfectly, but i just want to get them in the ballpark for the rest of the season.

are there any other tach options besides the pet-2500? it is pretty pricey
    I am sure people can adjust the RPMs with their dash tach but I sure can't. If your concerned about having the trolling speed set too high then what I would do is lower the RPM idle till the ski dies after going a feet in the water. Then keep rasing the RPMs till the ski is able to stay running without dying. This will net you the lowest trolling speed so you do not have to be scared about going in no wake zones. This needs to be done in the water

for something very simple for reading RPMs at trolling speed you could use a tiny tach but thats all it is good for. http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php

If you like the pet-2500 might take a look at the pet-2100 http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=308

Thread Information