+1

anyone went from rxp/rxp-x to ultra250/260x?

heres a post ive put on the yamaha 4stroke room.http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103374

im intrested in hearing the views of anyone thats had/ridden the rxps.
    the seadoo dealer does ultras but only canb test them on a lake which is a waste of my time IMHO as this isnt the ultras speciality is it?
    i think the ultra 260x is the nicest looking 3 seater at the moment!
    my dealer told me at the time of ordering my p-x the kwak is untouchable in the sea!he uses the kwaks on his lake over the rest.saying even the p-x would be left by the t-x in the sea but i liked the way my rxps rode in the chop.i still do like them but will probably replace the p-x when warrenty is due up so why not get a better suited ski for the off-shore chop for a change.
    we ride anywhere from 1mile-25+miles off-shore and 3 seas meet near where we launch so can build very heavy very fast.
    please no seadoos are crap etc id rather constructive comments.

http://www.pwcoffshore.com/PWC_Buying_Guide.html

Hands down best ski offshore, the race results speak for itself. Downside as indicated in the link, fuel consumption and cruising range.

I believe at the 2009 Long Beach to Catalina race, The Ultra beat the fastest none-250/260X by 10 minutes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post

Hands down best ski offshore, the race results speak for itself. Downside as indicated in the link, fuel consumption and cruising range.

I believe at the 2009 Long Beach to Catalina race, The Ultra beat the fastest none-250/260X by 10 minutes.

i was actually reading the pwc buyers guide on pwcforums about an hour ago and watching a few vids.
    ten mins thats crazyi honestly didnt believe there would be that in it!

pretty much hands down the 260x then lol?
    didnt mention fzr/fzs in there but?

I had a 2004 RXP until I dropped a valve. I now have a 2007 250x. RXP was faster on flat water. In rougher seas Ultra rules. Also the 250x seems to be getting stronger as I got max rpms end of last year when weather cooled down. Clearly the RXP got weaker per said dropped valve.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post

Note: Paul Pham was running second, within striking distance of Craig Warner as they approached harbor wall, and flatter water. He got over-anxious as he could see Warner in his sights and took his eyes off the relitively calm waters in his immediate path and guess what?? WHAMMM!!! 70+mph dismount!! He was so exhausted after his long swim back to his, YES, SEA-DOO RXT, he limped in quietly to 11th position.
    I do have to admit though that the Ultra is a formidible force in rough water. After given the opportunity to race Paul's 260X in that same race, I was so impressed that I went and bought a new 260LX two weeks later.
    I am however going to race my 76mph RXP this Saturday for a 90mile endurance race on a "flat" lake.
    Simple rule: Rough Water - Ultra water
    "Fast Waters" - Sea Doo water

RXP X to a ULTRA

I raced on a RXP X the other day on a lake and i pulled away from a ULTRA 250X,,but when we hit the wakes the Seadoo was ugly to keep it straight and the ULTRA 250X caught up to me and passed me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Racer View Post
    I raced on a RXP X the other day on a lake and i pulled away from a ULTRA 250X,,but when we hit the wakes the Seadoo was ugly to keep it straight and the ULTRA 250X caught up to me and passed me.

i do feel like in the rough or crossing wake the seadoos become very twitchy.ive never saw a ultra personally in the rough but saw many videos etc.it looks a better hull certanily shapped more like a coastgaurd allweather boat than a normal ski.

guys with 260x do they turn any better than the 250x do?a racer told me he had a go on one and it turned like a bus compared to a stock rxp.

+1
    I think all comments are valid.
    I ride a ultra 260 and love it.
    I ride with 6 seadoo riders and 2 other kawi riders on both smooth and rough water conditions and the 260 beats all skis in all races.
    out of the 6 seadoos 2 are 215s and one is a 255 2 x seater and the only one that comes close to beating the 260 is the 255.But cant quite get in front of the 260.
    Another thing to look for is the seadoos 3 out of the 6 have been towed back to the ramp as the super charchers have crapped out one of the 215s has broken down twice.
    none of the kawis has had any trouble yet....Knock on wood....
    I think in Aus the seadoos are buy far the best sellers but i researched all skis before i purchased and it doesnt take a genius to figure out that seadoos break down more that any ski on the market.
    My personal opinion!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    Another thing to look for is the seadoos 3 out of the 6 have been towed back to the ramp as the super chargers have crapped out one of the 215s has broken down twice.
    none of the kawis has had any trouble yet....Knock on wood....
    I think in Aus the seadoos are buy far the best sellers but i researched all skis before i purchased and it doesnt take a genius to figure out that seadoos break down more that any ski on the market.
    My personal opinion!!!!!
    I noticed the same thing about sea doos. There are always a handful of sea doos waiting for service where I bought my ski, but rarely do I see a Kawi. That may be because there are so many more sea doos, but anecdotal evidence says otherwise. I wonder if official stats are kept on this sort of thing.

I realize im a couple of years late on this post, but I did it and no regrets. The RXP was a 100hp hull with a 215 hp engine and my hull delaminated. So did many others. The 250x has thicker fiberglass, a deeper v which means on a flat lake with no waves, the SeaDoo is more efficient. With waves the 250x walks away. With bigger waves, you have to turn off the ski and wait for your friends to catch up.

Thread Information