Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 785 Gas Valves

+1

785 Gas Valves

You know what really sucks..............I had a friend make a program to machine these last summer. He moved away and has not tried cutting any yet as he didn't take his cnc.

I'm hoping he can still figure something out. Spent all that time and messing around and ended up with nothing to try.

With any luck, these will once again be readily available. If and when that happens, and if the bodies work, hopefully new machined valves themself can be made as well.

Edit: Thanks again to Bob for loaning me a valve assembly to work with. And to Steve and Randy for other tech info!

+1
    Crap that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post
    You know what really sucks..............I had a friend make a program to machine these last summer. He moved away and has not tried cutting any yet as he didn't take his cnc.

I'm hoping he can still figure something out. Spent all that time and messing around and ended up with nothing to try.

With any luck, these will once again be readily available. If and when that happens, and if the bodies work, hopefully new machined valves themself can be made as well.

Edit: Thanks again to Bob for loaning me a valve assembly to work with. And to Steve and Randy for other tech info!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExhaustValveWatcon1 IDI C-Size (1).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	716.4 KB 
ID:	130434  

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Bring a hard copy of the prints to the get togather please.

i have a friend with a CNC that may be interested in making these. how many people are really intereted in buying these????

also looking at that print that is just for the "adapter" i will call it, so what parts are used to complete the rest of the gas valve? are those other parts readily available?

I would be interested in 3

It would be great if someone could knock off an ignition system also, parts are starting to get harder to find for our 785 pros. I'm looking into aftermarket rods and big end bearings for our cranks but it might take some time to find something to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1216 View Post
    i have a friend with a CNC that may be interested in making these. how many people are really intereted in buying these????

also looking at that print that is just for the "adapter" i will call it, so what parts are used to complete the rest of the gas valve? are those other parts readily available?
    I would also be interested in 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    It would be great if someone could knock off an ignition system also, parts are starting to get harder to find for our 785 pros. I'm looking into aftermarket rods and big end bearings for our cranks but it might take some time to find something to work.
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    Tom ,
    I know a guy who uses Hot Rods rods on his 785 cranks i can get you the info if you want

Hot Rods

Be careful, as the 758 Pro takes (2) different lengths if I remember correctly. (my brain is a little fried from alcohol poisoning over the week-end)..

Regards,
    Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information