Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need some education....please educate

What's up, need a little bit of help from the experienced or knowledgeable personel, i've been researching and can't come up with and answer. Just want to educate before i buy.
    i'm looking to buy the intake grate and prop. I'm looking to get more top end, so my questions is what is the best intake grate and prop combo. nad is the 2 degree wedge a must

i apologize i have a 2005 RXT

Is your rxt stock?

yes completely stock looking to get the riva air intake and free flow sometime this week

i have a buddy with riva's air intake, r&d's 2.5 wedge, 14/19 prop, riva's intake grate and REs... he's going 68 keeping it under warranty, reliable and an easy install

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    What's up, need a little bit of help from the experienced or knowledgeable personel, i've been researching and can't come up with and answer. Just want to educate before i buy.
    i'm looking to buy the intake grate and prop. I'm looking to get more top end, so my questions is what is the best intake grate and prop combo. nad is the 2 degree wedge a must
    Check my sig...those are listed in roughly the same order as they were installed. No significant increase in speed occured until I installed the rear air. Then.....I was able to tweek my oem prop.....and increased speed.

The grate isn't going to add speed....better hook-up in the chop but no real speed. Without beefing the air intake a bigger prop will dog your motor. A wedge is not a must....I like it in conjunction with skegs....and there is some speed to be gained by installing them....less hull in the water...less drag.....more speed.

If you don't want a rear air...some don't...save some bucks and increase performance over the riva by building your own 4" front.

Get the riva intake, grate, and stage one prop. youll pick up 1-2 mph. Consider doing an external intercooler as well. Its a cheap mod and will give you the biggest improvement in power over stock.

just my .02

great screename btw.

Quote Originally Posted by mjds257 View Post
    i have a buddy with riva's air intake, r&d's 2.5 wedge, 14/19 prop, riva's intake grate and REs... he's going 68 keeping it under warranty, reliable and an easy install
    Yea it's what i'm looking to do, keep it simple and reliable at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Check my sig...those are listed in roughly the same order as they were installed. No significant increase in speed occured until I installed the rear air. Then.....I was able to tweek my oem prop.....and increased speed.

The grate isn't going to add speed....better hook-up in the chop but no real speed. Without beefing the air intake a bigger prop will dog your motor. A wedge is not a must....I like it in conjunction with skegs....and there is some speed to be gained by installing them....less hull in the water...less drag.....more speed.

If you don't want a rear air...some don't...save some bucks and increase performance over the riva by building your own 4" front.
    about the 4" air intake can you post the link on how to do it cause i can't seem to find it. pleeease let me know

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Get the riva intake, grate, and stage one prop. youll pick up 1-2 mph. Consider doing an external intercooler as well. Its a cheap mod and will give you the biggest improvement in power over stock.

just my .02

great screename btw.

Thanks, although my ski really isn't a monster yet- hoping it will be soon enough to woop up on these blue "SHO" skis that i can't stand. sorry but i'm not crazy bout those skis and they're everywhere

Thanks to everyone for your input. From what i'm understanding pretty much a stage 1 with some skegs and call it a day.

No offense here...

If you're anything like me....you would not be happy with a stage 1. Not enough of an increase for me...didn't understand the need to go up the ladder on step at a time when three or four higher is where I wanted to be.

I woulda safely and inexpensively built mine a piece at a time ending with the sc....things change. I'm 3-4 mph short of where I want to end up...without breaking the bank...or unbalancing the equation

Here's some air info...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=front+intake

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    No offense here...

If you're anything like me....you would not be happy with a stage 1. Not enough of an increase for me...didn't understand the need to go up the ladder on step at a time when three or four higher is where I wanted to be.

I woulda safely and inexpensively built mine a piece at a time ending with the sc....things change. I'm 3-4 mph short of where I want to end up...without breaking the bank...or unbalancing the equation

Here's some air info...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=front+intake
    Honestly i think you're right. a buddy of mine has a stage 1 with a free flow and there's nooooooooot that much of a difference between my stock 05 rxt and his 07 rxt. i've been reading some of your threads and it looks like i'm gonna be heading in the same direction as you. from what i understand with what you have now your at 72mph. I want to be between 74-75 range, and like you said being balanced and making the equation work yet not break the bank. oh and please tell me what in the hell are the skegs you are speak of ?

So here goes, as of right now it's stock. it has 93 hours and is getting the service done and also the clutch kit as well.
    I've got about 4-500 to blow right now. what do you think would be the right move to make first ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information