Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New guy with a ?

Hi guys,

I just purchased an 09 X and have a question about the washers. I have read a good bit of info about them needing to be changed out, is this true with the 09 or has the issue been resolved by BRP??
    This is my first 4-tec, I have a 97 xp and had an 01 rx. I am looking forward to getting the new ride in the river.

+1
    as of 08 the SC's came with metal washers from the factory.
    so the 09 is safe.
    however it has been observd that the new metal washers from seadoo are still a bit brittle and have broken.
    for a stock setup, the oem metal ones will be good, they are still 10 times better than the ceramics washers 04-07.
    if you want to build a higher boost SC it would be adviseable to get the RIVA washers.

Thanks very much for the reply, I am sure that I will leave it stock for a while.

Thanks again.

Banned User
    +1
    dont want to hijack........... just for clairity being a newer 09x owner myself the sock washers should be alright with the regular mods: intake, ff exhaust, IC relocater kit, and such? pretty much untill we start playing w/ the SC impeller we should be "ok" haha i do understand better safe then sorry though as well
    thanks
    mike

Banned User
    +1

dont mean to hijack........ just for some clairity for a newer 09x owner myself the regular mods: intake, ff exhause, IC relocater, impeller... we "should be" ok with the stock SC washers. pretty much untill you start playing with the SC impeller the stockie's should be "ok"? i do understand better safe then sorry too though
    thanks
    mike

+1
    I do not know about the 09 but it was advised to change the 08 oem metal washers to the riva metal washers. welcome by the way

Banned User
    +1
    thanks ill have to look into it some more. not worried about bolt on aftermarket goodies but am definately a little intimidated to crack open the SCer or motor for that matter. been around plenty of car engines in my time but not many skis.

+1
    The PX is harder on the SCer washers than the P. I have seen failures and near failures on PX with less than 50 hours. You could run till failure and if its less than 100 hours try and warranty. The problem is your engine and ski more than likely will never be the same again. One of our guys had total failure at @ 70 hours. The dealer "cleaned it out" and put in a new charger. Next time out timing chain failure. No new engine. They pieced together the old engine. Expect lots of downtime and a less than perfect engine.

+1
    Listen to Jp that is great advise. Engine never the same with mega down time. Jerry the site owner rebuilds S/C with fast turn around check it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information