oil in intercooler... problem?

seems like my SC oil seal must be screwed because there is a large amount of oil that went through the SC into the TB and im assuming then into the intercooler and motor because it was burning oil by quite alot. i dont see how else all the oil got into the SC. my question is will all the oil in these areas including the third cylinder burn out or do i have to try and get the oil out? if so what is the best way of doing that?

first off it could be you over filled the engine with oil and get the same stuff but first. What kind of boat? what mods? what do you know? all important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    first off it could be you over filled the engine with oil and get the same stuff but first. What kind of boat? what mods? what do you know? all important questions.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103056

someone must know if i have to blow out the intercooler for this issue with a stage 1 rxp with a rr wheel.

Removing, cleaning and re-installing the oem intercooler is painless...takes less than an hour...start to finish.

Just doo it

IMO you dont need to blow out a stock IC if you have a leaky charger seal. But the intake could hold a bunch of oil. It sounds like you have over filled your engine to me but it could be the SC. Doing donuts could have added to the oil control issues. You might need to pull the intake /IC and dump out the oil if its enough to hydro lock a cylinder. Its your call

+1
    so with power loss, and oil on #3 plug, and smoke....WHAT WAS YOUR COMPRESSION READINGS?

AFTER CHECKING THAT, Then u could

Try a new set of plugs , and Clean out all tubes,SC, IC, and Intake manifold, and see if power and Rpms come back. Run it on the hose with the Riva intake tube off, and see if oil comes thru the oil seal on the SC, OR if oil goes back into the riva tube from where the breather tube hooks into it.

Oil level should be no higher than the middle of the 2 bends on the stick. If its at the top bend than there is too much oil in it.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    so with power loss, and oil on #3 plug, and smoke....WHAT WAS YOUR COMPRESSION READINGS?

AFTER CHECKING THAT, Then u could

Try a new set of plugs , and Clean out all tubes,SC, IC, and Intake manifold, and see if power and Rpms come back. Run it on the hose with the Riva intake tube off, and see if oil comes thru the oil seal on the SC, OR if oil goes back into the riva tube from where the breather tube hooks into it.

Oil level should be no higher than the middle of the 2 bends on the stick. If its at the top bend than there is too much oil in it.

wasn't able to do real compression check because out of all my fittings one wouldnt fit the cylinder. but i did check to make sure there was descent compression and there is. say that the oil level is too high how does it get into the SC? through the air intake? kinda seems weird that it would be too high all of a sudden considering i already had ridden it this year before i put these mods in without any issues uniess the angle of the oil overflow is higher than before. Also is it safe to run the ski on the trailer without the intake on the SC?? Also do i have to take out the IC to clean it? Not really sure how its suppsed to come out of there.

+1
    It's perfectly fine to run on trlr with air tube off of the SC.
    The IC comes out the front of the intake manifold, just one clamp, and those 2 hoses. It will probably hit the gas tank right before it's all the way out, so u might have to take the bolts loose on the intake manifold to wiggle it out. I have muscled it out once with out pulling the bolts, but it wasn't real easy. The oil (when a little too high) comes out that valve cover breather, and goes right into the riva tube, where the SC sucks it into the impeller, then blows it into your intake, and IC. This is why some people install a catch can to keep it from going into the IC, and SC.

Here's one jerry sells in the online store here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=453

Thread Information