what would you do?

my previous post was about my jetski almost sinking. taking in water because of exhaust hose clamp breaking. Well i took it to dealer to confirm no water in engine. (that was good...no water at all...compression was 140 all around) also the mechanic replaced a lot of bad clamps...bill was close to 200 for all this......WELL HERES THE BIG DEAL..............i take it out riding and drive 5 minutes then i get a damn high temp alarm!!!! im pissed....i took seat off looked inside....didnt see anything at first then tried to start it........low and behold my intercooler hose had popped off because the mechanic didnt tighten it!!!! water was coming in the jetski!!! luckily i put the hose on....and idled it in...i didnt have a screwdriver on board anyhow.....then i come home and realize my oil level was below the safe area!!! (i siphoned out some oil to look at it and the mechanic said he filled it back up....well.....he didnt do a good job!!!) should i call and complain? i just spent 200 bucks for something i could have done right the first time around i knew i should have done it myself. what do you all think? OH any 04 05 riders with rxps should consider changing their clamps....the dealer said there have been several people coming in because of this problem.

to be clear about the oil situation....when my rxp took on water i siphoned out some oil to look at it......................THEN took it to dealer and told him i took some out so you need to compensate......he tried to compensate but missed the mark entirely. this is casey cycle city in newport news...

+1
    Not saying you did anything wrong. I do all my own work on my ski. I still check my oil and coolant level before going out everytime. I also check my intake grate and give the whole ski a look over. I know it should be right when you get it back from the dealer, but don't count on it.

This is a stupid question Do You know how to check you oil level properly? I dont know your dealer but He should know how to check oil level. He may have made a mistake on the clamp. IF you could have changed them why didnt you? $200 aint bad if they did them all and used stainless marine clamps not that automotive crap some do. I have seen 3 boats this year with broken clamps. We replace them all when we have one. But wear do you stop ? I had a ski sink from an otiker clamp on an opas hose fail. The hose came off and filled the ski. It could have been worse a lot worse. Did you clamp the hose when you were towed in? If you didnt you could have filled your engine with water.

yep i know how to check it but i had just came from dealer and didnt have a hose to hook up jetski nor did i have a level.......and with waves crashing into ski i couldnt check it in water........sorry but a DEALER should always get oil level correct.....thats sad i think. if i did it myself id have to figure out which ones were bad and try to tell them on the phone which clamps i want and id have to measure the diameterthen id risk getting wrong one....etc..............SO since they already had it and determined which ones were wrong ($) i went along with it. (i asked the guy if i could but he said they already started on it) so with the responses im getting.....i guess im in no position to argue and expect some compensation for my troubles

+1
    When I take mine in for scheduled service, I check everything before I leave their parking lot. One time we lifted the seat and found they had left the entire engine cover off. I called the manager out and the mechanic went back in the shop and found the missing part! Not even an apology... some of these guys don't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    When I take mine in for scheduled service, I check everything before I leave their parking lot. One time we lifted the seat and found they had left the entire engine cover off. I called the manager out and the mechanic went back in the shop and found the missing part! Not even an apology... some of these guys don't even care.
    We had the same exact thing.. My wife took her Explorer in to have a tune up last year...(I was at work heh) and I opened the hood when she got home to see if they changed the plug wires... They left the freakin big plastic cover off the engine! The one that covers the whole top end. I go to the dealer bitching and they lost it.. I find the freaking thing in the dumpster. Show it to mngr.. no apologies.. he says it was off another car and wouldn't even put it back on! Screw the fkn dealers.. every last dam one of em.... Sry but his hit a nerve...

Thread Information