Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar

Exclamation AEM: The Tuning Alternative

Okay... so you cannot afford the MoTec and you want the best bang for your buck since there simply is no cash for clunkers to trade in a Sea Doo for a Yamaha, here's your answer for $397.00!!!

http://www.jegs.com/p/AEM/AEM-Fuel-I...74788/10002/-1

The AEM F/IC is an economical solution for controlling fuel and ignition on vehicles that do not require stand-alone engine management, including variable cam timing engines like VTEC, VVTi and MiVEC.

Overview
    The F/IC is a PC programmable unit that gives users with OBD-II vehicles and non-factory forced induction systems the ability to retard ignition and deliver accurate amounts of fuel without the need for outdated FMUs or ''boost hiding'' controllers. This system works parallel to the factory ECU preventing tuning limitations due to complex factory timing patterns and will not cause a check engine light (CEL).

Precise Fuel Delivery
    The F/IC intercepts the signal to the stock injectors, allowing the user to modify pulse-width by +/-100%. The F/IC is the only piggy-back system that can decrease injector pulse-width, allowing the user to drive larger aftermarket injectors while still maintaining proper air / fuel ratios. This powerful system can also tap into the factory injector signal and work independently to drive up to six (6) additional injectors.

Timing Retard Control
    The F/IC has the ability to retard timing by intercepting and delaying the outputs from the cam and crank position sensors to the engine - with no adverse affect on applications equipped with variable cam timing. The F/IC can retard timing from the factory system based on engine RPM and load inputs.
    Sensor Calibration and Control
    The F/IC can also be used to recalibrate / clamp the MAF sensor, eliminating common problems with non-boosted factory MAFs. The on-board MAP sensor allows for proper fueling in boosted applications.

CAN-BUS SYSTEMS NOT AFFECTED
    Since the F/IC works in conjunction with the factory ECU, late-model vehicles equipped with a CAN-BUS system retain functionality of climate controls, dash and other components on the network.

Key Features: Works with latest OBD-II vehicles including variable valve control
    Variable Valve timing controller based on Engine RPM and Load
    Six (6) injector inputs with simulated injector load used when remapping OEM injectors
    Six (6) fuel injector controllers for either remapping of ECU output (+/- 100% trim) or as a stand-alone extra injector driver
    21x17 maps with configurable load and RPM breakpoints
    Analog in / out for remapping / clamping MAF
    F/IC draws power from PC USB interface for quick and easy calibration changes
    64kb on-board data logger
    Drives high impedence injectors or low impedence injectors with use of Peak & Hold Injector Driver Box
    Three (3) channels of timing retard
    Supports MAG or HALL sensor types
    On board 41PSIA (approx. 25PSI boost) manifold pressure sensor
    Windows-based Tuning Software

+1
    I really want someone to try this out

since it works in conjunction with the stock ECU you'd still be limited to the 7700 RPM limit, right?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post

since it works in conjunction with the stock ECU you'd still be limited to the 7700 RPM limit, right?
    +1

+1
    I believe engineermike has run one of these on a turbo RXP with success

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post

Yes it can because it allow 100% control of timing and injector control above and beyond the factory ecu. We have used these for years on cars that have exceeded the factory ecu limitations by 1000+ rpm. Also note that pump efficiency diminishes after 8000+ rpm so if you are turning that many rpm's its really a good time to re-pitch.

I will most likely buy one of these in the future to aid in my quest for more power. Since myself and two others at the shop have vast hours in tuning experience with these, I am looking for positive results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    I will most likely buy one of these in the future to aid in my quest for more power. Since myself and two others at the shop have vast hours in tuning experience with these, I am looking for positive results.
    So Pixx, have you or anyone you know used one of these ECU's on an SHO-based ski?

Only ask because you seem pretty confident in regards to this application and to me that seems like it would come from specific experience.

No hatin here, just want to go in the right direction.

Thanks.

is there a PWC variant for this unit?

wrapped in cling wrap and rubber for water tightness and vibration protection?

Is it resin filled?

is it tested for hours and hours on a personal watercraft?

just curious

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    So Pixx, have you or anyone you know used one of these ECU's on an SHO-based ski?

Only ask because you seem pretty confident in regards to this application and to me that seems like it would come from specific experience.

No hatin here, just want to go in the right direction.

Thanks.
    Nope... straight up I have never used one on a ski. I have used one on an Experimental Aircraft that I did fly. I am confident in the product because in that environment, I cannot float til someone comes to get me nor can I pull over to the side of the road.

I will admit I am frustrated with the Yamaha electronics and their limitations. Tuners with MoTec are netting gains up to 60hp with other mods and if I can tap a little of that for a fraction of the price, I will be testing it soon and letting everyone know my findings. I am NOT in the PWC business, so I have no problem sharing my findings and when done my maps.

I look forward to these challenges... its what makes me want more from my PWC and push me to do more riding.

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    is there a PWC variant for this unit?

wrapped in cling wrap and rubber for water tightness and vibration protection?

Is it resin filled?

is it tested for hours and hours on a personal watercraft?

just curious
    I was thinking more like a custom Fiberglas enclosure like the one pictured in the link below.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...o_9_in._X_6_in.)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information