help with bogging

I just purchased this ski and my first time out it ran fine, the second time, the rpm's on the top end going around 50 started fluxing, before I took it out I changed the plugs and put 4 gallons of fuel in it. the person that I got it from only had it out once this year, anyway. I had it out today and found that the ski was doing the same thing, then it got worse. by the end of the 1 hour I had it out it now will not get up to 15mph, but if I give it a second it will just out of the hole very strong and then bog, I tryed the old plugs again and no change, new to all this any help. thanks Ron

What type of ski?

Water conditions? In turns or flats?

Sorry for the delay, my ski is a 2000 limited 1200, and if you go full throttle from an idle, it jumps out of the water and then just dies out and boggs. thanks for any help. Ron

I would look at the carbs since it hasnt had much use. Have you checked compression?

took it out today, after I took all the gas out and put in a full tank in, put a new fuel filter and sea foam, it took about 15 min's and it started runnung good, then about a hour later if wouldn't go over 40 and bogging. I let it rest, took it back out, now with about a 1/2 tank. and the thottle started to stick. sweezed it a few times and it was ok, and running fine, 58 mph. then i put it on the trailer, any clues? thanks Ron

The Sea Foam seems to be working, but thr throttle is sticking right when you start to go then free's up within a min. and then fine til you shut it off again and then it sticks again for a min, any clue? thanks ron

Thread Information