Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

TBM Racing Adjustable Super Scoop Intake Grate (Now Available)

I have receive production model #1 for the TBM Racing Intake Grate for the FZR/FZS. This grates' fit and finish are 2nd to none. The center wing is adjustable to 3 different depths and can be removed entirely. The rear chip is removable. Based on the conditions that may be facing you during your day on the water, the TBM Racing Intake Grate can be tuned to 8 different positions. Coupled with the 12-Point Adjustable Sponsons from TBM, it makes for a very nice handling kit. Attached below are some pics I took for you today.

The Intake Grate should be on their website www.tbmracing.com and hopefully soon at www.4-tecperformance.com/ with a nice greenhulk discount.

Here is a link to the entire album (14 pics): http://picasaweb.google.com/carlosan...eat=directlink

Click to Enlarge. Please note, I did not adjust the position of the center wing or the rear chip in any of the pictures below.

+1
    Looks good Carlos!

Price?, Not on website yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakatare View Post
    Price?, Not on website yet.
    $225.95 USD

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    I have receive production model #1 for the TBM Racing Intake Grate for the FZR/FZS. This grates' fit and finish are 2nd to none. The center wing is adjustable to 3 different depths and can be removed entirely. The rear chip is removable. Based on the conditions that may be facing you during your day on the water, the TBM Racing Intake Grate can be tuned to 8 different positions. Coupled with the 12-Point Adjustable Sponsons from TBM, it makes for a very nice handling kit. Attached below are some pics I took for you today.

The Intake Grate should be on their website www.tbmracing.com and hopefully soon at www.4-tecperformance.com/ with a nice greenhulk discount.

Here is a link to the entire album (14 pics): http://picasaweb.google.com/carlosan...eat=directlink

Click to Enlarge. Please note, I did not adjust the position of the center wing or the rear chip in any of the pictures below.

man bad AZZ lookin scoop ya got there is it adjustable while bolted up to the ski let us know how ya like it and your results versus what you are running on your ski now once tested

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    man bad AZZ lookin scoop ya got there is it adjustable while bolted up to the ski let us know how ya like it and your results versus what you are running on your ski now once tested
    Yes it is adjustable while it is on the ski with the proper tools. In terms of results, it provides more hook-up than stock (summary). The pre-production model I had was a bit different in terms of the rear chip. The final production rear chip is twice the width, which will provide more hook-up in the chop.

In terms of stats taking the most aggressive and least aggressive settings on flat water:

- Most aggressive position there is a speed loss of 1.5 MPH
    - Least aggressive position there is a gain of 1.1 MPH

I have never experienced stuffing. Also in terms of speed, as I understand Dean's team's Stock FZR (MoTec, Intake Manny, Air Filter) is reacing 76 MPH with the TBM Super Scoop Grate. They are getting speed and not sacrificing hook-up.

+1
    has this grate been tested at or over 85mph?
    thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    has this grate been tested at or over 85mph?
    thanks
    Rius also uses the TBM Super Scoop Grate. His speeds are unknown, but he is rumored to be pushing over 85 MPH with ease.

+1
    Rius also uses the TBM Super Scoop Grate. His speeds are unknown, but he is rumored to be pushing over 85 MPH with ease.
    thanks

+1
    is Ruis running the TBM sponsons also?
    thanks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information