Newbie with a 05 rxp needing help!

Hello to all. Im new here and have used the search religously and now i need your opinion!

I bought a 2005 RXP from a guy about two weeks ago knowing of the SC Problems
    He told me that the supercharge had the metal washers installed at about 20 hours so that he wouldnt have to fuss with it later. the ski has 30 hours on it now and i have have put 5 of them hours on it myself.

As i am getting more and more familiar with the ski i am starting to check things out.

1st I pulled the pump and found a impeller that looks like it was used as a asphalt grinder(well maybe not that bad). And the wear ring is definately worn so i ordered a solas 14/19r and a wear ring today, it should be here friday.

2nd
    While waiting for the impeller and ring i decided i was going to change the oil. So i went down to the dealer today and got a new filter and some oil. I pulled the oil filter cap off and the first thing i noticed is there was no oil in the cannister. Im guessing this is because it draind back. Am i correct on this?

Then to the most dazzling problem, I looked in the pleats of the used oil filter and i noticed a fair to small amount of Silver metal shaiving that were very small.. SHOULD I BE ALARMED. There were also a couple brass colored shavings. What should i do?

On a note i noticed that the lifting eyelet at the front of the motor shows signs of being used, and also the inverted torx on the valve cover and intake as show signs of being messed with

What should i do about the shavings and should i suspect a previously blown motor

+1

You are doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC Newbie View Post
    Hello to all. Im new here and have used the search religously and now i need your opinion!

I bought a 2005 RXP from a guy about two weeks ago knowing of the SC Problems
    He told me that the supercharge had the metal washers installed at about 20 hours so that he wouldnt have to fuss with it later. the ski has 30 hours on it now and i have have put 5 of them hours on it myself.

As i am getting more and more familiar with the ski i am starting to check things out.

1st I pulled the pump and found a impeller that looks like it was used as a asphalt grinder(well maybe not that bad). And the wear ring is definately worn so i ordered a solas 14/19r and a wear ring today, it should be here friday.

2nd
    While waiting for the impeller and ring i decided i was going to change the oil. So i went down to the dealer today and got a new filter and some oil. I pulled the oil filter cap off and the first thing i noticed is there was no oil in the cannister. Im guessing this is because it draind back. Am i correct on this?

Then to the most dazzling problem, I looked in the pleats of the used oil filter and i noticed a fair to small amount of Silver metal shaiving that were very small.. SHOULD I BE ALARMED. There were also a couple brass colored shavings. What should i do?

On a note i noticed that the lifting eyelet at the front of the motor shows signs of being used, and also the inverted torx on the valve cover and intake as show signs of being messed with

What should i do about the shavings and should i suspect a previously blown motor
    Yeah, keep digging. You'll prolly find all the ceramic bits in your motor. Are you sure about the metal shavings? My ceramic bits kind of looked like metal. I fixed my problems using posts on this forum. My 2 Cents = don't let anyone else mess with your Doo! Fix it yourself! Good luck to you.

So is there any thing i can do other than change the oil 3-4 times to flush out the shavings, or is there any possibility some thing worse like a rod or main bearings

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Newbie View Post
    So is there any thing i can do other than change the oil 3-4 times to flush out the shavings, or is there any possibility some thing worse like a rod or main bearings
    Easiest thing to do - get a manual and remove your front oil pump (suction oil pump). You'll be able to see the damage to the pump and all the junk that got sucked into it. Read this and you should know what to do next >>> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

P.S. Metal Shavings = sounds bad - but find out what happened first!

Thread Information