+1

Unhappy 1994 Raider gauge starting to fog up

I've owned my Raider since brand new and I bought a perfect replacement gauge from a Greenhulk member about 1 1/2 yrs ago. It worked perfect last yr and it still works perfect but it is now starting to fog up inside.

My original fogged up inside and then it eventually leaked water into it and killed the gauge. I'm sure this replacement is going to do the same thing unless I can fix where it is leaking water.

Before I installed it, I added a bead of clear silicone around the outer lens "just in case." Obviously its not leaking there.

Does anyone have any idea where these things start to leak? I'd really like to apply some clear silicone and seal this thing up so it doesn't go bad on me like the original did. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Danny

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    I've owned my Raider since brand new and I bought a perfect replacement gauge from a Greenhulk member about 1 1/2 yrs ago. It worked perfect last yr and it still works perfect but it is now starting to fog up inside.

My original fogged up inside and then it eventually leaked water into it and killed the gauge. I'm sure this replacement is going to do the same thing unless I can fix where it is leaking water.

Before I installed it, I added a bead of clear silicone around the outer lens "just in case." Obviously its not leaking there.

Does anyone have any idea where these things start to leak? I'd really like to apply some clear silicone and seal this thing up so it doesn't go bad on me like the original did. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Danny

Vent tube on the bottom free and clear? As the unit heats up...it must have a place to remove the heat to....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Vent tube on the bottom free and clear? As the unit heats up...it must have a place to remove the heat to....
    I'll go out and check it here in a few minutes. If the weather holds out, the entire family is heading out with both skis and the boat to lay down a big ole carbon footprint !

+1
    We got rained out yesterday but I did have a chance to check that drain tube on the bottom side of the gauge. It didn't have any blockage.

I did notice something else about the gauge, though. I stuck another clean tube on the "fitting" and sucked on it just to see if the gauge was airtight. It wasn't. I could hear air sucking into the gauge from somewhere.......probably the same place that water is getting in from .

I'll get one of my sons to help me with it this morning and see if we can pinpoint the leak.

Thread Information