Not the wear ring or impellor.

Took the ski in because i thought i had trashed the impellor and wear when i sucked up a stick into it and it lodged in there. Dealer calls today and says the wear ring and impellor are not THAT bad. The ski was running fine, was idling up to the dock and felt it suck the stick up. Got the stick out and the ski lost about 1,400 RPMS. Any clue whats going on ?

+1
    They are lazy.

yea thats what i'm thinking

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    They are lazy.
    You really can`t get a really good look unless you pull the pump. It may look clean, no marks until you see it up close...
    Get that ski back and do it yourself. If it still looks honky dory, then something else is going on coincidently...PR...

They told me they had the pump pulled and everything was out so ..........

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    yeah...right....I just picked one of mine up from a dealer cause a neighbor sucked up a tow rope and took it in to get it removed and have it checked. They assured me it was fine when I picked it up cause the "pulled it apart". Me, being aware they're lazy azzes, pulled the pump and checked for myself. the wear ring was TRASHED!!! I'm pretty sure dealers just look to see if the ski will run. They're not all about MAX RPM's and performance. So until the ski stops running and they can charge you out the azz for major repairs they'll tell you it's all fine. I hate stealerships! Pull and check for yourself....or find a reliable independent PWC mechanic to pull it and show you.

sean

Dealer called today and said the problem was the SC clutch. Said when the stick got wedged in there it must have put allot of pressure on the clutch and stripped it. atleast they got it figured out !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyderRXP
    Dealer called today and said the problem was the SC clutch. Said when the stick got wedged in there it must have put allot of pressure on the clutch and stripped it. atleast they got it figured out !!!!
    What do you mean "stripped it"?

are the ceramics broken? or is it just slipping?

maybe the sudden stop with the centrifigal forces of the spinning impeller (sc) thrashed the clutches...PR...

1,400 rpm is the clutch, boost leak, or something major. 400rpm would be the wear ring.

Of course this doesn't always hold true, but 95% of the time it does.

Thread Information