Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gp1300r --> fzs

gp1300r --> fzs

hey guys this is my second season riding. i bought a used 06 gp1300r last season with 12 hours on it - has about 52 now.

i have had a lot of fun with this ski. my best friend has a honda r12x w/ a boost controller and prop and it is fun too. another friend has a bone stock rxt. i can't believe how fast this ski is stock... 63.3 on gps vs my 58.8 in small chop. the rxt cruises comfortably at practically any speed.

i love how light and nimble my gp is but it sucks when trying to cruise or ride with someone on the back. i also wish it was easier to add more power by cranking up the boost.

i am seriously thinking about selling the gp and moving up to a fzs (figure might as well get the 3 seater since its about 6 pounds heavier and far more versatile)..

my biggest fear is the shear size of the FZS - worried it won't be fun to toss around - do spins with and that kind of stuff... but most reviews say it feels much smaller than it is...

need advice!

thanks!

Re: gp1300r --> fzs

Get one!

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    Get one!
    i guess the real question is - is the fzs worth another 5k bucks?

+1
    Your fear is warranted.

GPR

115 in long
    655 pounds

FZS

133 in long
    813 pounds

There is a huge difference in these skis. The FZ platform is the best handling and most nimble 3 seater ever, but that is all relative to the other couches. The GPR is one of the best all around hulls ever and can do lots of things good. The FZ is more limited in that it is all about beating down the chop and going fast (for big $$$). It is worthless as a ski to horse around on. So you have to weigh the pros and cons for your riding style.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Your fear is warranted.

GPR

115 in long
    655 pounds

FZS

133 in long
    813 pounds

There is a huge difference in these skis. The FZ platform is the best handling and most nimble 3 seater ever, but that is all relative to the other couches. The GPR is one of the best all around hulls ever and can do lots of things good. The FZ is more limited in that it is all about beating down the chop and going fast (for big $$$). It is worthless as a ski to horse around on. So you have to weigh the pros and cons for your riding style.
    these are exactly the things i am trying to weigh...

i need to see if i can go for a test ride...

+1
    I rode Oldmans FZR again last weekend (stage 1+), first time really riding one in heavy chop. Great ski and it is a serious rush to ride in really choppy water because of how much speed it is able to carry. Really gets your blood rushing but you have to be going fast to get your kicks. You will be bored to tears trying to spin, jump, etc and anything under WFO throttle. A superjet and an FZS would be a nice stable though!

gpr and fzs/fzr two totally diff ski's u will not get the feel of your gpr with the fzr or s, yeah the fzr is a 2 seater but no size diff than the fzs or SHO which are all big three seaters. dont get me wrong you will luv the FZ's but if u are looking for the feel of the gpr only thing left right now that would be close to that is rxp-x imo. however if you ride 2up and in all diff water conditions the FZ's will be more the ski for u, and it will play, just not as much as the gpr

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I rode Oldmans FZR again last weekend (stage 1+), first time really riding one in heavy chop. Great ski and it is a serious rush to ride in really choppy water because of how much speed it is able to carry. Really gets your blood rushing but you have to be going fast to get your kicks. You will be bored to tears trying to spin, jump, etc and anything under WFO throttle. A superjet and an FZS would be a nice stable though!
    yeah i mean my gp gets air off a 1' wake practically haha - not to mention it will come out of the water from a dead stop with the trim up and some weight in the back.

+1
    I have one of each..they both have their merits...for pure riding and exploring ,the fzr , for bouy's gpr hands down. I will say that the fzr handles almost like the gpr ,it leanes into the corner like a motorcycle, you just cant snap it around a bouy like the gpr...........if I could only keep one ski ( now this is a statement) I would keep the fzr......it gets great gas millage,will pull exactly neck and neck with rxt-x in drags and it handles better than any three seater I have ever ridden...plus....read jerry's fzr build up and you will see the potential of that big ass 1800 motor.

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I have one of each..they both have their merits...for pure riding and exploring ,the fzr , for bouy's gpr hands down. I will say that the fzr handles almost like the gpr ,it leanes into the corner like a motorcycle, you just cant snap it around a bouy like the gpr...........if I could only keep one ski ( now this is a statement) I would keep the fzr......it gets great gas millage,will pull exactly neck and neck with rxt-x in drags and it handles better than any three seater I have ever ridden...plus....read jerry's fzr build up and you will see the potential of that big ass 1800 motor.
    i don't do bouy racing or anything....

my buddies and i will go out in the long island sound for about 1-2 hours at a time.... it is RARELY glass - maybe once has it been absolutely flat...usually it is choppy or rollers or really choppy and rough.

the gp is a soaking wet ride, and struggles to cruise at any type of good pace without it worrying me or me getting beat to absolute crap.

we just kinda dick around - some drag racing, some high speed runs....some cruising, and some playing around....

i like to toss my gp around in circles and donuts and stuff like that but its not the only thing i do....

i really wish the gp were better for cruising...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information