Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Yamaha factory covers pretty worthless at keeping the rain out?

I always have huge puddles of water in the footwells of my 08 FX HO. What's the point of a cover if it doesn't keep anything out?

I realize it's a water toy, but if I don't get out to my cabin for a week or two, that stagnant water starts gunking up and alge forms on the footpads...Anyone else have the same problem?

Spray it Scotch-Gard protector.

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    I always have huge puddles of water in the footwells of my 08 FX HO. What's the point of a cover if it doesn't keep anything out?

I realize it's a water toy, but if I don't get out to my cabin for a week or two, that stagnant water starts gunking up and alge forms on the footpads...Anyone else have the same problem?
    Is this the first time it got wet? Mine has never leaked nor allowed water in when towing in a rainstorm.

Set your seats up after you spray it down and make sure the ski is completely dry before storing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadinGPR View Post
    Spray it Scotch-Gard protector.
    303 High Tech fabric guard

Jetrtribe covers totaly waterproof inside is soft material so it wont scratch the paint.

http://www.jettribe.com/layout_017.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Jetrtribe covers totaly waterproof inside is soft material so it wont scratch the paint.

http://www.jettribe.com/layout_017.html
    My Yami SUV sits outside and has gone through two OEM covers in 5 years. I bought a Jettribe one this time and it is much tougher. It did fade fairly quickly but it keeps the water out, and that is what is important to me. I do not use it while trailering and would not recommend it for this use, but as a static cover it works great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post

on my fzr it was because the water was puddling up and slowly seeping in. i put a shirt balled up where the water was puddling up and presto, no water.

Bill, why wouldn't you trailer with them on? I am thinking of getting 2 new tribes would love your input..

+1
    On my SUV the cover is large and relies on hold down straps attached to the trailer or wrapped under the ski. I am afraid of it kiting on me, or just causing rash from not fitting snug like the OEM does. I use it for environmental protection while sitting and love it, no more foot wells getting mildewed like in the past. The OEM did trailer better for me on this ski. I have a Jettribe on my old 99GP and it trailered fine, much better fit on the smaller ski.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information