Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Long Beach Sprint Nationals Video

Hey guys,

Although current word has it's conclusion still being tentative, the Region 1 APBA Sprint Series ended this past weekend in Long Beach, California, with Yamaha/Monster rider, Mike Follmer taking the weekend's points lead during the four-heat, two-day event.

Personal Watercraft Illustrated - not content to merely cover the event - pulled out Project Barracuda and tried to keep up with Follmer's FZR and Huntington Beach Honda/Rockstar Energy's Nick Vanis' wickedly fast turbo Honda F-15X.

Check out the video here!
    http://www.watercraft.com/features/f...als_Video.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Hey guys,

Although current word has it's conclusion still being tentative, the Region 1 APBA Sprint Series ended this past weekend in Long Beach, California, with Yamaha/Monster rider, Mike Follmer taking the weekend's points lead during the four-heat, two-day event.

Personal Watercraft Illustrated - not content to merely cover the event - pulled out Project Barracuda and tried to keep up with Follmer's FZR and Huntington Beach Honda/Rockstar Energy's Nick Vanis' wickedly fast turbo Honda F-15X.

Check out the video here!
    http://www.watercraft.com/features/f...als_Video.html
    Video is No workie

+1
    I,m a little confused. Was this an exibition race or part of a series?

Round 3 of the SCSC Sprint Series. Round 1 was last Thanksgiving weekend at Parker, Az. Round 2 was this past April at Parker. 4th and final round is supposed to be Sept 27 & 28 at Lake Ming in Bakersfield, Ca. Nick Vanis already has clinched the overall series win no matter what happens at Lake Ming. This series usually includes the mid-Sept races in Mission Bay, Ca during the annual Thunderboat Regatta but not this year.
    T C

+1
    Looks like a very nice venue. Seems like there would have been more boats competing in the PWC race in a location like that. Thanks for explaining Tom.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Looks like a very nice venue. Seems like there would have been more boats competing in the PWC race in a location like that. Thanks for explaining Tom.

Doug
    It is what it is 4 skis, one failed.......1st, 2nd, 3rd .....that's the way it goes $250-300.............easy money!

PoppaDawg,
    I think that if the price wasn't so high ($350 for 2 days, 2 heats per day) AND the promoter would have advertised it more on the various websites that there would have been a much better showing. There were only 5 pwc racers entered and only 4 raced. I had mechanical issues in the second lap of our 5 minute test session on Saturday morning. Those 2 laps cost me the whole days race fee ($175). Couldn't get my ski back together (needed waterbox weld) until Monday so no race for me.
    T C

It is what it is..........................

+1
    OK Tom. I can see where those kind of fees would make people run backwards. Thats too bad. Sorry about your problems. Are you going to do the DP to OS race in November?

Jammer! Whats up Dude? I can always depend on you for some of that special insight. Jammer up for the race in November or is that California budget thing still getting in your eye?

Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information