Question Newbie & Want More Speed For My GTI

Greetings All,

Wife & I just purchased a pair of '06 GTI's. I'm used to speed as I have owned/raced a 900 Ninja, numerous dirtbikes and currently own a stroker, NOS equipped '93 Mustang GT. However, the water thing is new to me.

So far I've only gotten my GTI to 53.7 (GPS verified) on a lake with choppy water, a full tank of gas & a full front bin in addition to my 190lbs. Dealer told me it would run 58 but I don't see it even on smooth water, maybe 55 with a 1/3 tank of fuel... What's different about the GTX? It has the same motor ~ different cam, ECU??? Knew I should have opted for the RXP but wife wouldn't have it. I gave in since I'm new to the water but I can see trading next year.

Any ideas other than an impeller on performance upgrades?

Thanks in advance,

+1
    i bought me a GTI SE 06 this year and have gotten 58 on glass with gps verification. I am 190lbs with full tank and full bin.

jason

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    flynfox... u hit the nail on the head. those are EXACTLY the differences between the NA 130 and NA 155 HP motors. a cam and an ECU... figures 2 of the more expensive parts to swap... even IF you were to change out those components, you begin to hit a brick wall with progression bc there's not as many parts availavle for that ski, and even still port work and cams and fuel adjustments wont even give you that huge of gains without some forced induction.

sell the ski and get one with a stupidcharger but i'll tell ya right now, nothing will be as mechanically reliable as what you have right now

+1
    You know the story about hindsight, but regardless, you purchased the wrong skis if performance and top speed were your concerns. You will spend much $$, loose reliability and still not have as ski as fast as some of the others that were available.

My advise to anyone considering purchasing a performance machine....WAIT a month or two...2007 may be an eye opener !!

Richard

It will be an eye opener in the next couple of months, the kawi's are coming!

Arrow Thanks

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Well, like I said I didn't want to overdue it since I'm new to the sport and I also had concerns about the reliability of the power adder ski's. Believe me I know this scenario all to well having a hotrod Mustang and other things I've tweaked in the past. It's a sickness huh? Just can't leave well enough alone. I've even managed to tweak our '02 V6-Accord but luckily it's been done right and I didn't go overboard, yet. However, I would like to squeeze a little more performance out my GTI so maybe I'll go the impeller & intake grate route for now. I can see upgrading next year ~ .

So what are the rumors for '07. Is Kawi going to be back on top again? Doesn't SeaDoo have a 300hp motor in their stall?
    Last edited by Flynfox; 08-10-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Thread Information