Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

96 XP Performance

Just wanted too Say hello to everyone im new here lol, Well ive been riding a while (6yrs+), have some general knowledge but nothing fancy.I just got a 96 XP project with the 787 motor. I had a 94 SP with the 585 loved it, light and flys in the air like nothing. Now im looking to do some mods but not sure where to start or what I would need besides Larger carbs, full rebuild, head. My bike curently is in peaces (the way i bought it) needs a full rebuild, Looking to get some good aceleration and some nice top end say 65-70 ish. Also what other motors would fit in this hull.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH!

it takes a lot to get there....if your a good wrench and like tuning alot then you can get there. the 787 is going to be stupid fast compared to the SP you had. Id rebuild it and see how you like 58-60 first. Bigger carbs and a pipe require a lot of know how. I tried it and hated it. I was wrenching more than riding. if you wanna go 70 read the mod list at the top( http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14242 )on how to mod up a 951 and dump that in the XP. its more practical to get there this way and a lot less tuning IMO.

Well wrenching is not a problem im a mechanic lol, but Ive had my ski for a while and never really did anything to it, now i have some extra money to play with and I cant afford for anymore street project that will kill me lol. I was thinking along the route of a 951 but I dont mind the tuning part of the 787. Been wondering what kind of electronics is needed, water box mods, port jobs, and messuring fuel/air ratio

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You need to ask the guys that have done the 951 swap if they would recommend it. Plenty of different ways to go. The first question is what octane fuel do you want to constantly burn? This is the limit of your mods.

Welcome to GH!

+1
    Im sure XPSS will chim in soon enough...for the 787 a pipe, carbs, high compression head, port job, prop and nozzle combo, will get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Im sure XPSS will chim in soon enough...for the 787 a pipe, carbs, high compression head, port job, prop and nozzle combo, will get you there.
    Yep, soon enough, as-in...right before you...lol

+1

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Second place sux...doesn't it?

well Im interested in sticking with the 787, top speed is not really that much of a want, its pure acceleration, I do alot of ocean riding since i live in south florida, so I dont really have that much use for high speeds unless im in a canal. I was also thinking about going into pro riding. And I dont mind throwing 93 octane or higher since my friend lives on the water not to far were i ride and i got a 15gal gas container there

+1
    get your rebuild running first and see how it feels. have you ridden this specific ski before? after you get it running and still want more I'd get a Factory Pipe Spec I or II. that will get you the acceleration that you are looking for. after that add prop and nozzles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information