Thread: 900 engine reassembly questions
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM #1
900 engine reassembly questions
Sent my crankshaft to Jeff @ Midwest Crankshaft today and had a few questions about reassembly.
1. Can I use a Roloc disc to clean the old 1211 stuff off the crankcases?
2. When putting the crank back into the cases, do I need to lube anything?
3. After reassembly, should I fill the crankcase with premix or something like that?
4. What are your thoughts about installing a primer bulb in the line going to the carbs instead of using a spray bottle of premix when starting the ski after sitting for a few weeks?
08-14-2009, 04:59 AM #2
- No Roloc. Use a spray on gasket remover and plastic razor blades.
- Lube bearings with 2 stroke oil. After assembly you can oil bearings through the passages in the case.
- Don't fill the crankcase with anything.
- A primer would be good,
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM #3
Thanks! I don't think the stuff they used to seal this crankcase before is 1211. It appears to be more of an silicone sealer and the gasket remover is doing nothing to help me.
When oiling the crank after assembly, are you talking about putting the oil through those small holes that are in the upper half of the crankcase?
08-14-2009, 09:20 AM #4
08-14-2009, 09:27 AM #5
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM #6
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM #7
08-14-2009, 11:03 AM #8
08-15-2009, 01:18 PM #9
Do I have to completely disassemble the carbs to take the chokes out?
Also cannot find 1211 locally, is there something else I could use?
Lastly, do I need to lube or use any sealer on the crank seal that is on the flywheel housing?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By sea~smith in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
By smitch in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2007, 01:28 PM
By superd in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 5Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
By slxcrazy in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 19Last Post: 05-06-2007, 12:31 AM
By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:41 AM