Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation J-pipe and O2 bung

Hey Guys I'll be doing the O2 bung mod to the J-pipe today and was thinking out of the box here for a second. Is or should there be any concern of cutting or grinding debris falling in between the outer and inner walls of the J-pipe. I would imagine the porential is there for it to happen. What do you do ? Try to vacumm it somehow or just flush it and hope that nothing cloggs the small holes at the end of the J-pipe. thanks for any info.

+1
    KC my man it will flush out with the first lighting.........flush it with the house hose install it and........LET IT RIP Bro!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    KC my man it will flush out with the first lighting.........flush it with the house hose install it and........LET IT RIP Bro!!!!!!!!!!
    Brotherman Ried thanks for the input, with the new Mini Rude... Yes
    rip she will... I was also looking for info on doing some testing on the LM2... we bought one... but I've gone back as far as page 68 on the treads and havent found anything on how to's. All I've notice are where the A/F ratio should be and results from some of the guys but like I said no How To's. Is it this much of a no brainer that there isnt anything thats written on this subject about testing procedures.
    Thanks again for any info guys.
    Last edited by Blue Thunder; 08-14-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: grammar

+1
    Its pretty much a no brainer. Just make sure the sensor is fully warmed up before starting the engine and you do a free air calibration by pushing the button that says (calibrate) before instaling the o2 in the j- pipe. It should read about 20.9 in free air if calibrated correctly.

+1

Thumbs up

There is no problem with metal shavings clogging pisser holes in j-pipe. See my A/F bung install procedure. I upped the hole saw size! This must be tig or heli arc welded.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Its pretty much a no brainer. Just make sure the sensor is fully warmed up before starting the engine and you do a free air calibration by pushing the button that says (calibrate) before instaling the o2 in the j- pipe. It should read about 20.9 in free air if calibrated correctly.
    Thanks bro! Yeah I read this info. on the LM2 manual. I'm on page 78 looking for any more how to info. Anything helps. How are guys connecting the LM2 for power. I want to see if I can rig it somehow to the battery and put the LM2 on one of those waterproof camera bags then I guess attach to the vest somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    There is no problem with metal shavings clogging pisser holes in j-pipe. See my A/F bung install procedure. I upped the hole saw size! This must be tig or heli arc welded.
    Thanks Hoss I was going thru that very article yesterday, great work. That way I sent you a pm with my concern.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Thanks bro! Yeah I read this info. on the LM2 manual. I'm on page 78 looking for any more how to info. Anything helps. How are guys connecting the LM2 for power. I want to see if I can rig it somehow to the battery and put the LM2 on one of those waterproof camera bags then I guess attach to the vest somehow.
    KC! I have it cover, we would use the cigarette lighter adapter from the Pistol.......that would power up the LM2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    KC! I have it cover, we would use the cigarette lighter adapter from the Pistol.......that would power up the LM2.
    Cool !!!! I guess were in the right track.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    There is no "calibrate button" on the LM-2 With the latest firmware loaded on the LM-2... it will calibrate automatically. If it doesn't for some reason... the calibration option is available by pushing and holding (for a few seconds) the mode button... then arrow down to "calibrate sensor" and press enter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information