Ahh....where am I?
    +1

Is there a Prop for Low end power? Waterskiing?

It could be because of the 380lbs on the ski and probably 190lb in the water, but we tried over and over again to get me up on a single ski last year and couldn't do it!

Now I believe at that point last year the wear ring was already worn the 2mm. so that might have had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that with a wake board there wouldn't be a problem, because it offers so much surface area to get you out of the water allowing you to reduce the resistence and let the ski get up to speed.

Now my mind is a little fuzzy, I can't recall if it was cavitating or it was just bogging down.

In any case, are there impellers out that are designed for low end power and not top speed? Or prety much the stock impeller is pitched for it.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention, single ski action! none of that double ski!

Oh last week I had my buddy tow me around behind my SeaDoo, it looked pretty stupid, just some guy holding on to a ski rope, with no ski, board, tube, nothing but a lifejacket! HAHA Try it some time. Make sure you have a strong lifejacket!

Just hold on, try to arch you back or bend you knees to make you pop up ontop of the water once you start to go. Keep you mouth closed once you get ontop of the water, I guzzled a little NJ bay water. It was hillarious. Thsi came about in my feeble attepts to barefoot behind the SeaDoo. I just said F it, and Supermaned it in the water till my belly was gliding ontop.

I watched some videos this week on how to do a deep water start for barefooting, I'm going to try it in 2 weeks!

Could you get up on two then drop a ski?

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Yeah, but then I need to bring out 2 ski's with 3 people on board, drop it in a safe place. Trying to avoid that because there are WAY too many boats and PWC's around. Dont want the ski getting "Lost".

Quote Originally Posted by majundecid View Post
    It could be because of the 380lbs on the ski and probably 190lb in the water, but we tried over and over again to get me up on a single ski last year and couldn't do it!

Now I believe at that point last year the wear ring was already worn the 2mm. so that might have had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that with a wake board there wouldn't be a problem, because it offers so much surface area to get you out of the water allowing you to reduce the resistence and let the ski get up to speed.

Now my mind is a little fuzzy, I can't recall if it was cavitating or it was just bogging down.

In any case, are there impellers out that are designed for low end power and not top speed? Or prety much the stock impeller is pitched for it.

I believe the stock impeller is a happy medium between low end torque and top end speed. I too have exeprienced what you're talking about. The doo can pull up a skier on 2 skis, but as soon as we tried just 1, the doo couldn't muster up enough thrust to pull us up. On a wakeboard we're just fine, it's that 1 ski that gives us trouble.

But yeah, the stock GTX impeller is 12/20 I do believe, and Solas has 11/19 listed as the 02-05 WAKE models. I'm assuming these would provide a little bit more low end at the cost of top speed. I'm realizing myself it's more fun to get a couple people out there to board rather than take it out myself and try to hit 60+ up and down the lake. Someone who actually knows may chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. I'm actually looking at getting an 11/19 impeller now. I should change out the wear ring and such too while I'm at it.

Just an idea, mind you....have you thought about a 3 blade instead of a 4? They're supposed to better on the hole shot with better acceleration at the cost of top end.

Just a thought.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Just an idea, mind you....have you thought about a 3 blade instead of a 4? They're supposed to better on the hole shot with better acceleration at the cost of top end.

Just a thought.
    +1

Is there anywhere you can do a beach start, you start standing in the water with your front foot in the mono ski and the other in the water, as the the jetski starts to pull you put the rear foot in the back of the mono ski and go.

Thread Information