Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: The baddest SLX 780, ummm, ever?!?!?!

Well, my friends, I am entertaining selling my baby, my custom a$$ SLX 780, as far from stock as Philly is to LA.

This beast is built upon the ever so popular, SeaLion SLX story, if your familiar, which was one of the most successful SLX builds ever, and definitely about as aggressive of a "full bike MOD" you can get, without running triple pipes, etc.

Now, for the record, the ONLY reason I am even entertaining getting rid of this beast is due to me HAVING to have a Pro 785. Would keep this and rock both but the Wife/9 month old daughter say "Only one, choose"...

AND, I get bored fast and always need something to heavily wrench and customize, and I am running out of ideas with this one, need something new for a winter project, keep the habit satisfied, haha. (you all can relate)

So, I know alot of you are very familiar with my bike, but for those who are not the beast goes like this:

1996 Polaris SLX 780
    92 "shorti" Dry pipe conversion
    TDR power spray WaterBox
    Mototassinari VForce Delta CF Reed cage system
    Reed Spacers
    Pro 1200 Black handlebar PAD/New MFD
    Pro 785 Intake
    Pro 785 44mm Mikuni SBN Carb rack, now jetted 95 low, 140 high
    Pro 785 Open F/A
    Pro 785 CDI
    Pro 785 Coils
    Bored nozzle, 87mm
    SKAT TRAK 12/17
    Std 4* wedge, not that twisted stock crap
    New Hydroturf, black

Since the MFD was replaced, estimated actual hours are somewhere in the 45+ range. This bike is unique, custom, has had all kinds of custom vinyl/paint work, etc. Looks as good as it performs. Compression is about 125-128 across the board, perfect... I believe that the bike runs good but does not feel to it's full potential, I think that a true tuner can unleash even more from this animal. Right now it pulls your arms out of the socket outta the hole, and I mean screams through the powerband, sometimes pulls 68-6900 rpms, I have seen 7000 once or twice but seems to hesitate up there, definitely an air/fuel issue that I just do not have enough skill to fine tune, and do not want to entertain my local shop's $125 per hour for tuning, since it smokes just about everything right now, on the lake. But, I do feel that there is more potential from this bike, and should be somewhere around 7100-7200, especially with the bored nozzle, etc. Again this is not a stock application, it is a highly modded, custom SLX that is NOT for the soft hearted. If you are looking for a friendly, work from the manual kind of SLX, skip this one. If you know this bike you can appreciate it, and understand the animal that it is.

I am offering it with a single place trailer, with a custom fatty rear tire, etc, all goes as a package if you want it. I have NO idea where to start the price beings it is not a std SLX 780, anymore, but something way beyond. Help me out here my fellow hulkers, and make some offers, give me some feedback, etc, I am very open minded and feel most of you are like "family" to me so there are no rules with this sale, where it goes, it goes...

Now, again I am only selling due to the "need" for a pro 785, gotta have one. Also, will consider trades on other waverunners, in any price range comparable condition, etc.

Swap for Swap Trade welcomes are as follows:

ANY year Polaris Pro 785, in any kind of "running" condition.
    Any Year Polaris SLX 1200, in any "running" condition
    Any year Pro 1200, in any "running" condition
    Any year SLX 1050, clean and running, etc...
    AND, Randy(watcons) Pro 785 custom octane beast, hehe. (bring it on, for sure)

Cosmetics are no biggie, give me your ugliest boat that needs all the attention, as long it as it runs like a bear.

Definitely looking to entertain some of the big domestic motored boats, as well, or of course, my true love, the Pro 785.

Bike/trailer is located in Havertown Pa, about 30 min outside Philly area, who wants some???

Giddy up, let's talk...

Oh, and for those who do NOT know my kick a$$, one of a kind, beast of a SLX 780, here she goes, sexy huh???

You know it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img570.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	145884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img576.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	145885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img550.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	145886  

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Nice!
    I have a few questions if ya don't mind. I'm building something very similar.
    What yr 44s do you have?
    140 on all 3 highs, or is the center different?
    What high and low settings did you end up with?

Thanks for your time, Eric

Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Nice!
    I have a few questions if ya don't mind. I'm building something very similar.
    What yr 44s do you have?
    140 on all 3 highs, or is the center different?
    What high and low settings did you end up with?

Thanks for your time, Eric
    As we spoke about previously, Star, I TOO have the devilish 97 demons. PTO wants to be/run slightly richer but running a 140 in there as well.

Lows/95 - 2 turns out (could go 100's, but 110's ended up being too fat, etc, sick of pulling carbs!!!)
    Highs/140 - 1 1/4 out (M&C) 2 out (PTO, could go 145)

I know you are dealing with a similar setup, what a freakin bear to tune, huh??? Holy Geeesis...

Anyway, looking for something new, bored with this project now, NOT that it is boring to ride, to say the least. It is just the less problems I have the more bored I get, typical hulker, you know the drill.

We are happier when it does NOT work, haha...

P.S.
    God bless your wife and family bro.

+1
    Thanks Buddy!

MANNNN!!!!!! Permission to print those pics out and hang them on my wall? Those are some sweet looking custom black rub rails too! Hate to see u part with the beast but i understand your need to wrench

Quote Originally Posted by rustyrider View Post
    MANNNN!!!!!! Permission to print those pics out and hang them on my wall? Those are some sweet looking custom black rub rails too! Hate to see u part with the beast but i understand your need to wrench
    No doubt Rusty, haha...

How did the prop work out for ya?

Yeah, told ya the rails came out awesome, for sure. it looks great.
    Why don't you have one of your NC boys come up and get it?

Just don't get your feelings hurt when you CANNOT keep up with them...

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You want something to wrench on????

Finish that one!!!! That's the hardest part, to pull those last few RPM out of her.

How about some top speed numbers?

It does look nice Tech.

I know you got a bit into that ski, but you're not gonna get alot for it though, unfortunately.

I'd try getting $2200 for it, and see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSLX View Post
    Lows/95 - 2 turns out (could go 100's, but 110's ended up being too fat, etc, sick of pulling carbs!!!)
    Highs/140 - 1 1/4 out (M&C) 2 out (PTO, could go 145)

I know you are dealing with a similar setup, what a freakin bear to tune, huh???
    BTW the Devil carbs are now on my 650-780 92 shorty dry pipe now.
    Although when I had them on my trip 780, I found out I was my own demise. I had only one of the fuel pumps pumping. I'm amazed I didn't burn one down.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You want something to wrench on????

Finish that one!!!! That's the hardest part, to pull those last few RPM out of her.

How about some top speed numbers?

It does look nice Tech.

I know you got a bit into that ski, but you're not gonna get alot for it though, unfortunately.

I'd try getting $2200 for it, and see what happens.
    Yeah, hear ya Kev, just sick of this one, getting bored, I do that often. Any price is fair, just seeing what someone would offer for it. A swap would be the best, that would be my perfect world situation if ya ask me. I am hoping to just get the wife to break and let me get another and keep this one, if so, not looking too good though, haha.

MFD reads about 67ish right now, know they are off, have not gps'd it yet.

I had a non bored nozzle on it and the MFD read 69, but it pulls harder on the pipe with the bored nozzle, just does not seem FULLY tuned to me, at the last few R's, ya know? I know there's a little more though, for sure.

Just getting really bored with jets and carbs and jets and carbs and jets and carbs.

Carbs off
    Jets in
    Carbs on
    Needle out
    needle in
    Carbs off
    Jets in
    Carbs on
    Needle out
    Needle in
    Carbs off
    Jets in
    Carbs off
    Needle out
    Needle in
    Needle out
    Needle in

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

I may consider taking $2500 Cash if someone was waving it in my face, and then go beg someone for their pro.

Or, just keep it and master the domain. (argghh)

Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    BTW the Devil carbs are now on my 650-780 92 shorty dry pipe now.
    Although when I had them on my trip 780, I found out I was my own demise. I had only one of the fuel pumps pumping. I'm amazed I didn't burn one down.

Are you tuned???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information