Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The little league wolrd series...

I watched it last night.. and I have to say-
    Seeing the excitement on the kids' faces reminded me what it feels like to be a kid and that not everything in this world sucks.

When you watch that... you cant help but feel that pro sports are almost entirely superficial. The little league world series IS what sports are all about.

just my .02 for the day.
    You can come in and make fun of me.. but with all the negativity and bullshit we're surrounded by all of the time its nice to see stuff like this on tv!

+1
    I guess I will also openly confess that i watch it alos. the kids are so genuine and having a good time and want to win and play good. the cameras don't need to get involved with zooming in on the kid that is crying when he does something bad or loses. It is a good watch.
    John

Thats why I like High school and college football, sports in general, more then Pro. Pros are all about playing for the money, not the fun. The thing I will miss most about high school will be going to football games (we were 14-0 and state champions too )

+1
    I live right outside the city limits of Bridge City, TX (the team that lost). I am in Bridge City school district. They were winning 4-1 and I started flipping through the channels. I changed back to the game and watched the final inning, and they lost 6-4! It is still an accomplishment to go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Thats why I like High school and college football, sports in general, more then Pro. Pros are all about playing for the money, not the fun. The thing I will miss most about high school will be going to football games (we were 14-0 and state champions too )
    We were 12-1 and state runner ups!!! Thanks to muskgegon... hate that place.

This year? Do you mean Muskegon? West side of Michigan took home like 4 out of the 6 state championships

<---Love the LL WS. Watch every year. Straight competition, with pure desire to win and nothing else motivating them. love it.

LL is not always so great. A lot of LL's are a F'ing joke. Anonymous phone calls threatening coaches and players after losses, etc. I've witnessed it first hand. If the kids ran it it would be GREAT. THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARENTS WHO TAKE IT WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!!! You may not see it on television, but trust me it's there.

I could rant on and on about parents at little league games but I won't.

I had a ton of fun playing little league ball. Finished second in the state of MI as a 10y/o. Made tons of friends. Was a great time. I encourage every kid to play the game at that age. It's a great experience on the field. Just ignore all the BS that takes place off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Just ignore all the BS that takes place off the field.
    Its in religion, sex, and everything we do and say
    - KORN

All politics in a lot of LL, but i agree w/you. Good times & good friends, and great "everyone plays" rules also.

You guys see the kid from peabody Mass whos batting 800 in the series?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information