Thread: code 113

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

code 113

been away for a while ..ski has been running great ...my girlfriend has 3 kids bought a tube ..to tow them around... and the ski gave me trouble for the first time ...spuddering running on 2 cylinders ...so i have 3 very dissapointed kids...

trying to get it going for the weekend

first thing i found was my aftermarket intercooler had sprung a leak ...

new pugs

bypassed it still didnt fix it ...

repalced plugs..again thinking there may have been some standing water in the intake ...

.when testing coil packs one seemed to be arking around the rubber boot...
    so i got some 1 inch heat shrink tubing ..and siliconed the ends slid then over all 3 coil packs and made coil condoms if you will

seems to work on the short test ride .. much better had 3 again ...except it was backfireing once or twice..at part throddle ..wide open fine .. ..no codes....

think i am good to go ..

get the kids together
    go out drop it in starts fine .runs ok pull away from the dock and it backfires a couple of times ..as it did before...but is fine half way to the beach 1/4 mile away gets a 113 code...manifold open circuit ..or ground ..the backfire is definately in certian throddle positions....again wide open is fine think it went into a limp mode ...so went back to the dock ...

so the kids wan your help

going to get a new sensor temp sensor ..near where the oem intercooler was in the back of the intake ..

i am hoping it just got ate up when the intercooler was leaking..

but any other thoughts

got the sensor had the dealer clear the code ...but the sensor is stuck in the manifold...the bung is spinning in the plastic manifold ug...just hooked up the new one zip tied it to the side on the harness... she will tow the tube ..

seems to be ok now

i suspect the water that was getting spit in the intake from the intercooler...corroded the sensor and the bung....

when you bypassed the intercooler, did you blow the remaining coolant out the intercoolers lines, cause it probly sucked what was left into the manifold.

it was a big aftermarket intercooler just removed the hard pipes and stuck the stock elbow on .. connected the lines together ...pain in the ass to remove it wil do it when i get the new one....i am going to go have this one anodised ..it will last longer that way

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    got the sensor had the dealer clear the code ...but the sensor is stuck in the manifold...the bung is spinning in the plastic manifold ug...just hooked up the new one zip tied it to the side on the harness... she will tow the tube ..

seems to be ok now

i suspect the water that was getting spit in the intake from the intercooler...corroded the sensor and the bung....

I just changed my intake manifold for leaky seams, and had the same problem with that sensor bung. U may have a boost leak now past where that bung was spinning. check for boost leaks Sounds like u might have fixed those coil packs pretty good. I have some old extras that I might do that to also.

jb weld around it so it is perminant ..and tap my stock intercooler block off for the new sensor ..if i cant get it out ..did they ever get the intercooler manifold into production??? i need to show her some love ..and get her back up being all she can be ..i think the coil condom thing worked out well ...going to test her in a few...the intake temp sensor is tie wraped to the harness...for now

took it to the dealer changed out the sensor ..cleared all the codes....
    ran fine on the trailer. said i was easy on it i had only been at wide open 3% of the time ... i though i was riding harder than that ...

took it to my shop cleaned it all up compounded it waxed it gave it some TLC

...as soon as it got in the water 2 cylinders...popin and running like crap got a 351 code # 1 cilinder to ground....

so for the 3rd time now i have gathered everyone up and the ski wouldnt run once i got the water...

jason i am going to need to come and borrow your coil packs to see if that is it ...need to get this sorted ..

frustrated today so doing other stuff ...ill call you sometime this week i am going to run a compression check ...and just see ..what i see

+1
    Anthony , sound good . I have a few here that should fix u up. Just got back from a kick ass ride on the St. johns river. Tired, and sunburnt now...lol

Thread Information