+1

Need a trailer ASAP!!!!!!

Im looking for a single pwc trailer in Ontario that will hold an RXP. I NEED IT ASAP as im planning to buy a ski next weekend. let me know if you know of any for sale tk's Joel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Im looking for a single pwc trailer in Ontario that will hold an RXP. I NEED IT ASAP as im planning to buy a ski next weekend. let me know if you know of any for sale tk's Joel.
    I'll keep my eyes open. I saw someone wanting to trade his Triton Elite 07 for a double... You might be able to convince him to just sell it.... interested?

+1
    is there an ad for it somewhere and how much? Ive only found one used one its a 2009 for $700. I have a deal pending for a 2008 rxp 215 left over. just waiting for the sales guy to call me back to see if there accepting my offer .

+1
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ148525456

This is the only thing I've seen lately... Doubt he'll sell but it's worth trying. \ 2007 Triton Elite is very nice!Q

+1
    thanks for the link... I sent him a msg. I really need to find one as im getting the ski sat and really want to ride it sunday. Also i wonder what the fine is for no reg #'s There will be no way ill be able toget it lic an the numbers on it. Can i lic it befor i actually have it back here? if not sunday could be interesting.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...I'm getting the ski sat and really want to ride it Sunday.

...what the fine is for no reg #'s

There will be no way ill be able to get it lic an the numbers on it. Can i lic it before i actually have it back here?...
    This is a US PWC - correct?

Service Canada will want to see the paperwork/receipt from the border folks, showing you have paid the taxes on the PWC when you brought it into Canada. Then they will issue the hull license number, while you are there.

Make sure the PWC HIN serial number is on the border receipt

If the hull has current (not yet expired) US state registration, Service Canada MAY require you to also prove that the US state registration has been canceled. Happened to me once, out of three PWC imported.

In my case, it took several phone calls to the state registration office before I got a fax from them to show Service Canada that the US registration was now canceled.

Of course, you must also have the notarized sales receipt from the seller. Make sure the full seller's and buyer's name and address info is on the receipt! And of course a complete description of the PWC make, model, color, HIN number, even the country of manufacture.

If you decide to also buy a trailer in the US, you just need a separate notarized sale receipt for the trailer. It will cost you another $200ish for the Canadian 'safety inspection' form.

After you get home, you have 30 days to take the trailer to a Canadian Tire location (yes, Canadian Tire), where they will complete the form. Part of the $200 goes to pay for this, so there shouldn't be any bill from Cantire.

Then you can take the completed form, and the sales receipt, to the motor vehicle office, and get your trailer plate.

Are you insuring this ski? The insurance may not be valid until you have it licensed in Canada.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    This is a US PWC - correct?

Service Canada will want to see the paperwork/receipt from the border folks, showing you have paid the taxes on the PWC when you brought it into Canada. Then they will issue the hull license number, while you are there.

Make sure the PWC HIN serial number is on the border receipt

If the hull has current (not yet expired) US state registration, Service Canada MAY require you to also prove that the US state registration has been canceled. Happened to me once, out of three PWC imported.

In my case, it took several phone calls to the state registration office before I got a fax from them to show Service Canada that the US registration was now canceled.

Of course, you must also have the notarized sales receipt from the seller. Make sure the full seller's and buyer's name and address info is on the receipt! And of course a complete description of the PWC make, model, color, HIN number, even the country of manufacture.

If you decide to also buy a trailer in the US, you just need a separate notarized sale receipt for the trailer. It will cost you another $200ish for the Canadian 'safety inspection' form.

After you get home, you have 30 days to take the trailer to a Canadian Tire location (yes, Canadian Tire), where they will complete the form. Part of the $200 goes to pay for this, so there shouldn't be any bill from Cantire.

Then you can take the completed form, and the sales receipt, to the motor vehicle office, and get your trailer plate.

Are you insuring this ski? The insurance may not be valid until you have it licensed in Canada.
    yes it a us ski. Its brand new and still in the crate so i dont think ill have to worrie about US registration. im not buying a trailer there to much trouble. I guess you have to contact the border 72hrs befor crossing? Also have you heard of a recall letter, not sure if that applys to what im doing?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    yes it a us ski. Its brand new and still in the crate so i don't think ill have to worry about US registration.

I'm not buying a trailer there, too much trouble.

I guess you have to contact the border 72hrs before crossing?

Also have you heard of a recall letter, not sure if that applies to what I'm doing?
    The 72 hour thing does not apply, and recall letters were for trailers, which are also no longer required.

Just show up at the border with all the appropriate documentation for the ski, and your ownership of it.

Pay the 13% taxes (no duties), and you are on your way. I was out the customs office door with one PWC in under 15 minutes after crossing the bridge.

As I described earlier, the trailer import process isn't a huge hassle. The only extra step is taking it to Canadian Tire after you get home, and the $219 trailer fee you pay at the border.

Sometimes US trailer pricing is similar to Canada, and sometimes it isn't. You just have to check prices with trailer dealers near where you are picking up the ski.

BTW, take some tools with you, in case you need to adjust or tighten something on the trailer while you are on the road.

Take time before you leave the dealer to check that the trailer bunk board spacing is set correctly for your hull, as the dealer techs can be in a hurry, and not set the bunks quite right. You want the bunks fairly widely spaced to best support the hull, and the boards need to rest between the hull ridges, not on the ridges.

Check the bolts for the bunks, and every other bolt on the trailer. Wheel bolts, coupler bolts, check everything.

Take several ratchet type tie down straps for front and rear of the ski. Use at least two for the rear, and one for the front (in addition to the winch strap).

Make sure the front winch roller position is set to create the proper amount of tongue weight on the tow ball. Typically about 7-10% of the total trailer+ski weight should rest on the ball.

Also make sure the bow roller touches the hull in the right spot, usually just under the rub rail and above the bow cleat, and the winch strap should go under the bow roller, not over it.

Let us know how it goes

+1
    Have you considered a double? This looks like a pretty good deal!

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLarg...1&ImageIndex=1

Thread Information