99 GP800 Seat Cover or new seat? Knife slash...

I purchased a 99 GP800 recently and the seat was slashed with a knife before i bought it. It really doesn't affect the seat, except for it looks pretty bad. I have been looking around for seat covers and I haven't been able to find one for under 80 Dollars. I was wondering how common it was for people to just go to the fabric store and buy vinyl and have it recovered? Is normal vinyl fabric waterproof and outdoor strong? Is there any special kind of vinyl that is normally used? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by neowind View Post
    I purchased a 99 GP800 recently and the seat was slashed with a knife before i bought it. It really doesn't affect the seat, except for it looks pretty bad. I have been looking around for seat covers and I haven't been able to find one for under 80 Dollars. I was wondering how common it was for people to just go to the fabric store and buy vinyl and have it recovered? Is normal vinyl fabric waterproof and outdoor strong? Is there any special kind of vinyl that is normally used? Any suggestions?
    With most aftermarket seat covers you put a layer of plastic down first. A very heavy duty trash bag will work. Make sure the foam is dry in the seat first. You can try leaving the seat in the attic for a while to dry it out.

I'd pay the $80 and get something that will look right. Make sure stainless staples are used for the install.

Thread Information