Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breaking In

Breaking In

2006 Honda Fx12 left-over bought new this year, what is the break-in procedure? I can't find my my damn manual......I know about the whole RPM for the first five minutes....hour......first five hours and all that, but I have 11 hours on the machine and does it need an oil change or does the machine need to be treated gently still? How many hours before the first service and can I ride it and beat on it yet?

Awsome machine by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TBirdEd76 View Post
    2006 Honda Fx12 left-over bought new this year, what is the break-in procedure? I can't find my my damn manual......I know about the whole RPM for the first five minutes....hour......first five hours and all that, but I have 11 hours on the machine and does it need an oil change or does the machine need to be treated gently still? How many hours before the first service and can I ride it and beat on it yet?

Awsome machine by the way.
    10 Hour service is simply an oil change. Some people, myself included changed the filter at 10 hours as well. Next oil change is 50 hours.

You may now ride your ski like you stole it

per the maunal on my 07 f12x it does not state that an oil change is due until 50 hrs. I have read the 10 hour oil change but all the manual says at 10 hrs is to lube the throttle and reduce idle if needed. it specifically doesnt mention changing the oil or filter during the 10 hour time period. i dont think it would hurt though.

I have about 12-15 hours on mine, haven't rode it much since I got it due to a shitty New England summer. I'm up at Lake Winapasakki (however you spell it) and never had a 10 hour service done. The dealer mentioned nothing of a ten hour service, and the manual said 50 as you just mentioned. Just wondering if I should baby the boat, not ride it, or just beat the shit out of it as if there was no problem.

beat the hell out of it, i have 17 hrs on mine got it a few weeks ago and i started beating on it at 10. held mine wide open for like 20 seconds about 20 times yesterday for the first time and dead calm water all day and took advantage of it. have fun mine ran liek a top, no service at all except spraying the turbo with crc 656

how often to you spray the turbo?

oh, i should get on that......what kind of spray do you use and where do you buy it?

CRC 6-56 marine lubricant. you can buy it online or at any boating store. like 10 bucks a can.

alright, thanks for the advice, i'll be getting some tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information