Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

want more performance RXT

Recently bought a RXT with the following mods: gen 2 wheel,gen2 IC,riva air,grate,block offs,thru hull and gutted box,42's,13/19r. Although I love the ski only managing 69/70 out of it, and have been out performed by other skis. Is there any thing else I can do to improve the ski as some of you guys have been getting better results. What am I missing?

the speed is in the details. You need to hook up this someone in your local area. Bolting on parts don't alway equal speed. There several guys like me, gus, 05 limited that are either knocking on the door of 80 mph or passed it by. where do your live?
    what year rxt?
    what rpms are you turning- possible prop twik required
    1-do a search on free mods
    2- pump wedge
    3- air intake?
    4- Jims modded ride plate is a mujst for this big ski

+1
    Sanchez is right ... the speed is often in the details. Typical things to check if speed is low (and it is in your case based on your parts): boost leaks, wear ring clearance too big, impeller wrong, oil level too high, issues on the bottom/grate/plate area. Do some reading here, post your rpms, make sure what impeller you have in there. Here is a thread with a few ideas on stuff to check: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38004

I ride the English Channel, forgot to say have a wedge. My oil level is good and have ride plate holes filled. On the flat I hit 8100ish rpm have read the link from Vern (good adivce) all boost and leaks good. Unsure how to know if to fit 15/20 will I lose acceleration but gain top end? sorry so many questions still learning.

Sorry it is a 07 RXT with a SS fitted. Seen the ride plate in store is it a must what gains and benefits?

Watching this one, I have similar set up fitted 15/20 as recommended by Jerry. Hitting 72/4 on glass would love to go more guess were never satisfied? Any of the more experianced members need to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Is there any thing else I can do to improve the ski as some of you guys have been getting better results. What am I missing?
    What's your grate and tunnel entrance look like? You have a wedge but no skegs?

Here's mine....

prior to flushing this grate, mine set an 1/8"+ below the the hull and plate. I finally flushed it and gained a 100 rpm. Things like that will help you. Like another poster who earlier was looking for more speed......I don't understand why, with your listed mods, you aren't running higher.

Before I added something else to the equation....I'd hunt down all the missing variables.....but that's just me.

+1
    With what you have you can add the Riva Stage 3 wheel, 42lb injectors, 4" Kanaflex air intake, free flow exhaust or Riva waterbox, along with the rossnemo throttlebody mod http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95457 and be right at 73.5 -74 MPH with good acceleration. All depends on how much you want to spend. The 15/20 takes a lot to turn. You may be able to put that in and pitch it accordingly. The 15/20 is a huge improvement.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    With what you have you can add the Riva Stage 3 wheel, 42lb injectors, 4" Kanaflex air intake, free flow exhaust or Riva waterbox, and be right at 73.5 MPH with good acceleration. All depends on how much you want to spend. The 15/20 takes a lot to turn. You may be able to put that in and pitch it accordingly. The 15/20 is a huge improvement.
    Gus, I want to thank you for your input of my ski improvements. I follow your instructions and yesterday morning ran three sets of 75.5 at 8140 solid. I'm waiting for two more parts to be install. I purchase the LM2 instrument and would do some testing for AFR nad tune my ski.

Billyboy, Next week would have a Jim's rideplate for sale. If you interested you can send me a PM. I would ask $225.00 plus shipping. This plate would give you and additional 1.0-1.5 top speed. I'm going with another rout in my 2006 RXT.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Gus, I want to thank you for your input of my ski improvements. I follow your instructions and yesterday morning ran three sets of 75.5 at 8140 solid. I'm waiting for two more parts to be install. I purchase the LM2 instrument and would do some testing for AFR nad tune my ski.

Billyboy, Next week would have a Jim's rideplate for sale. If you interested you can send me a PM. I would ask $225.00 plus shipping. This plate would give you and additional 1.0-1.5 top speed. I'm going with another rout in my 2006 RXT.

Thats a great achievement, congrats. One thing to add to the list would be the Rad4 driveshaft seal to eliminate the cavitation at holeshot and that pesky carbon seal setup. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...54#post1174154

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information