Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

Foreclosure/eviction

If your house sells at a foreclosure auction how long do you have to get out?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    The eviction papers will tell you all of that, varies state to state. In most states they have to serve you no matter what the circumstance. Most foreclosure auctions don't take place till after the eviction has been filed though.

Brian, is everything ok?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Andy, you might have me confused with Brian (rustysearustydoo). Things are as good as they can be considering the circumstances i suppose. I've been fighting with my servicer (Americas Servicing Company) for over a year but i fear that the fight is over. They made me jump through hoops for a loan modification but never gave me one and thursday my house was supposed to be auctioned off. The court and the attorney refuse to give me any information. My wifes solution was to get hostile and start packing. My solution was a day on the water. She thinks we're going to be put out on the street at a moments notice but the attorney in charge of the deal told me a few weeks ago that it would be months before we actually had to be out if it sold. I just hear conflicting things and don't know who to believe. Either way it's time to start over.

+1
    Here in CA, you'll get at least 30 days notice. Banks here are offering cash for keys to get people to move out within 30 days and leave the place in good condition. Worst case the Sherriff will show up and serve you papers, but you should have at least 30 days. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Andy, you might have me confused with Brian (rustysearustydoo). Things are as good as they can be considering the circumstances i suppose. I've been fighting with my servicer (Americas Servicing Company) for over a year but i fear that the fight is over. They made me jump through hoops for a loan modification but never gave me one and thursday my house was supposed to be auctioned off. The court and the attorney refuse to give me any information. My wifes solution was to get hostile and start packing. My solution was a day on the water. She thinks we're going to be put out on the street at a moments notice but the attorney in charge of the deal told me a few weeks ago that it would be months before we actually had to be out if it sold. I just hear conflicting things and don't know who to believe. Either way it's time to start over.
    very sorry to hear this... this damn economy has affected a lot of us in one way or another...
    I really hope things start looking up for you both. We ourselves have no clue as to what direction our economy and country are heading, certainly looks glum...
    Hang in there better days are coming...good luck...

+1
    Sorry to hear this... it's happening to a lot of people.

June's foreclosure activity was the third highest on record, and the fourth straight month of filings on more than 300,000 properties...

(Reuters) - U.S. home foreclosure activity galloped to a record in the first half of the year, overwhelming broad efforts to remedy failing loans while job losses escalated.

Foreclosure filings jumped to a record 1.9 million on more than 1.5 million properties in the first six months of the year, RealtyTrac said on Thursday. The number of properties drawing filings, which include notices of default and auctions, jumped 9.0 percent from the second half of 2008 and almost 15 percent from the first half of last year.

"Despite everybody's best efforts to date we're not really making any headway against the problem," Rick Sharga, senior vice president at RealtyTrac in Irvine, California, said in an interview. more here:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...56F0XK20090716

maybe ?

produce the note ?

http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.co...e-note-how-to/

I understand every forecloseure has a story behind it, but I would be interested in hearing some feedback on this article / tactic ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
    produce the note ?

http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.co...e-note-how-to/

I understand every forecloseure has a story behind it, but I would be interested in hearing some feedback on this article / tactic ?
    Not doubting the validity of the ability to use this process, but it seems to be more of a delay tactic than anything - which I guess could be worth the effort in some circumstances. In Louisiana, however, a creditor can even file suit on a "lost note". It takes a li'l more time/money, but the end of the story is the same.

A family friend of mine hasnt made a house payment in over 3 years. He was a realator and lost his job when the economy started going down hill. He knew the real estate market so he knows all the quirks. I am not sure what he has done but banks have sold his mortgage 3 or 4 times and now his house is only worth like 25k compared to the 75k it used to be worth. The companies are trying to get there bigger more valuble houses back first before the cheap ones. So if you are living in a cheaper house you may be alright for awhile. I guess it just comes down to luck. Everyone has been hurt by the economy, it just sucks... good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information