need some help, building a crate for a wave raider

hey guys i need a favor, im building a shipping crate for a boat i picked up its important the crate is tight and strong so it can fit threw the 93 inch doors on the truck at the shipping company where i work ok so i need a couple dimension from a wave raider most important is lenght and high but an estemated width would bee cool too thanks guys!

cant be much different than boxing your gp... use 2 x4s and 3 inch deck screws.. skip the pressure treated... unless you want to reuse em for trailer bunks later...and to save a little space.. tilt it up on the side to about a 30 deg angle,then undo the handle bars and bundle it up in pads...(strap it down to the hull)

get some foam material or heavy cloth covering fastened onto the full length running bunks... ratchet strap the ski down onto them..be sure to cover everything in pads or with foam under where the straps run to protect the skis surfaces...

if you go to your yami dealer you may be able to get one of their crates cheap or at least be able to see how they did it...(they are set up something like i described above, but in metal channel...)

Quote Originally Posted by pilo704 View Post
    hey guys i need a favor, im building a shipping crate for a boat i picked up its important the crate is tight and strong so it can fit threw the 93 inch doors on the truck at the shipping company where i work ok so i need a couple dimension from a wave raider most important is lenght and high but an estemated width would bee cool too thanks guys!
    112.6 L 44.1 W 38.2 H dry weight 388 lbs.+/-

+1
    I shipped big raider a camo raider loaded on a 3x4 pallet and used the saran wrap style shipping packaging comes on a roll about 14 inch he said no problem when it arrived went from Florida to Texas!Lee

+1
    The size of the crate is not the problem. A jet ski is a class 150 nothing you can do about that it is not a dimensional thing like a motorcycle. It is stricly by the wieght and the class for a ski. Go to the local jet ski shop and get them to give you or buy it from them. It will be fine. Saran wrap and lay it on a pallet works too. Shipped one like that one time because the guy lied to me and it was trashed when it got there. But 50% of the time it works.
    Good luck with the ski make sure it is protected all the way around and the top. Plastic covering the ski in the crate is always good too. keeps nosy drivers out of it.
    Drain the gas out as much as possible.
    John

Thread Information