Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Honda Probs, R12x

Hey guys. Ive had this R12X for a long time. Original owner. Never had a problem. Its got 100 hours now or close to it. I have a boost guage.

When I hit the gas she goes up to 12-13lbs then drops to 7-8lbs and sits there around 5600RPM. Wont stay up at 13. Sometimes it only goes to 7-8 and stays there.

I tried the WGS Nitro test and its good. I had a hose hooked to the WGS while riding and its pulsating the whole time like it should. I took the hose off the wastegate and she will hold boost were ever I want it. The more gas I give it the higher the boost goes until I hit the overboost alarm. FI code comes on.

Im guessing I need a new WGS? I opened it and it looked clean and normal in the WGS. I just took the top off were the valve is. I didnt open the solenoid end of the WGS.

Any ideas? This just started. And the one time it worked normal for a little bit.......

+1
    Also shes giving me a FI error every 10 minutes or so of riding also.

+1
    sounds like 87 octane or a knock sensor.

+1
    Yeah. Its always had 92 or 93 running in it. Will superjims kit bypass this problem or will I still have it?

+1
    I tried to get the code while on the hose. It does 3 long flashes and 4 short ones. There is no code 34. Weird.

As supermac said it does sound like a knock sensor problem, I had a customer with the same problem, also does you ski surge at about 4000rpm then run ok. The code 34 with the flashes is close to the 25 two long and 5 short, if you have access to a knock sensor you may want to try that out. You will continue to have the problem it would be best to fix it first then you know the ski is running fine, then make your upgrades just in case you have an issue after the upgrade.

Promod

+1
    OK, yeah its code 25. I misread it. The ski has a bad misfire/engine denonation knock at slightly above idle. Probably the reason why the knock sensor is throwing a code. Otherwise the engine runs really smooth. The plugs were really rich. We cleaned them. They are recently new plugs.

Like it is studdering.

We checked the knock sensor for a short and continuity like the service manual says up to the ECU connector. Everything is good there.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    OK, yeah its code 25. I misread it. The ski has a bad misfire/engine denonation knock at slightly above idle. Probably the reason why the knock sensor is throwing a code. Otherwise the engine runs really smooth. The plugs were really rich. We cleaned them. They are recently new plugs.

Like it is studdering.

We checked the knock sensor for a short and continuity like the service manual says up to the ECU connector. Everything is good there.
    Speed_Freak_039A, I am having exact same symptoms with my ski. Could you tell me how you fixed yours? Than kyou.

knock sensors

There is really not a way to check the actual knock sensor, to see if it is working you can tap on the motor a mallet and have the rpm about 2000 and you can hear the ignition retard the timing, the knock sensor is so sensitive, I do not know why they put them on these skis, there have been so many problems with them, the ski is pounding against the water and that doesnt help, what I have started doing is taking the sensor removing it from the block, leave it plugged in and wraping it in a soft foam and running a ground wire from the threaded end to the block, and secure it to the intercooler hose and we have seen less issues that way and also performance was up. Make sure that you are running good octance fuel at all times.

Aurice
    H20 Xtreme Inc
    h20xtreme.net

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post

Like it is studdering.

Speed_Freak_039A, did you ever get this issue resolved? I am having the exact same thing happen. I ordered a new WGS, but not sure yet if that will resolve the surges at 4000 RPM.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information