13 Hours Later...My RXP audio system is finally complete :)

So after two long days of working on it its finally done! I just want to thank everyone for the help along the way and the ideas that were given to me by many of the members here on the forum! I hvant had the chance to listen to it on the water yet, but im going out tomorrow so i cant wait to see how it works out.

I ended up going with two 5 1/4" polk audio speakers and a sony marine deck.. As far as audio options im currently running an rca to headphone connection to listen to music off my phone, i got an ipod cable running to the deck to listn to ipod, radio, or cds!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0329.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	146077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0331.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	519.5 KB 
ID:	146078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0332.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	146079  

Very cool. Take some videos, I would like to hear how this sounds!

Where did you get the case for the head unit? I love the setup.

thanks guys..I acutally ended up buying the case for deck at Cabelas for 59.99, but i belive if you search marine enclosure on ebay they will come up. Anohter member of this forum has a similar setup for the deckand they suggested it to me. I am a perfectionist and everything has to be exact so if i dont like the sound, you guys wont either .....ill be out riding today and let you know how it worked out..if im not happy, ill either hook up an amp and maybe two more tweeters towards the rear of rxp

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Where did you get the case for the head unit? I love the setup.

the only problem with having the head unit in that location is thatit sticks too far down to remove the white bucket that is in there.. so there are two lil screws as u can see on the sides that u just un screw with ur hand to remove the head unit..takes about 30 seconds or so, so its not a big deal, but thot i would let you know....ive also fancied up a few other things so ill take more updateed pictures tonite, it was just too dark last nite when i finished

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by borndahoop View Post
    the only problem with having the head unit in that location is thatit sticks too far down to remove the white bucket that is in there.. so there are two lil screws as u can see on the sides that u just un screw with ur hand to remove the head unit..takes about 30 seconds or so, so its not a big deal, but thot i would let you know....ive also fancied up a few other things so ill take more updateed pictures tonite, it was just too dark last nite when i finished
    My only concern with it is that there will be a lot of torque on that unit as you hit waves/wakes and it will be a good 2/3 feet off the water and mounted to a fairly thin piece of ABS plastic. My fear is that it will work for a while but you will most likely end up with a cracked 'under hood' as it bounces around.
    Check it periodically to make sure that doesn't happen.

Thread Information