Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2lt750 coupling

  1. #1

    2lt750 coupling

    Guys,
    While removing the engine from a friends 95 SLT750, the coupling is different than the drawings, and the stock one on my ski. this one is all black and fat with two grooves for a wrench at the front. Should it thread back like the normal stock cooupling? i am having some trouble getting it back? Any ideas


  2. #2
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    It installs and removes the same as the stainless coupler.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    It installs and removes the same as the stainless coupler.
    it seems really tight, and when it did move, i heard a knocking sound from the shaft in the rear. any thoughts

  4. #4
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Are ya trying to remove it?
    "i heard a knocking sound from the shaft in the rear" The pump shaft? It's still attached?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Are ya trying to remove it?
    "i heard a knocking sound from the shaft in the rear" The pump shaft? It's still attached?

    yes. trying to switch engines. coupling is the last piece to remove.

  6. #6
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    You using the rope trick? And did you remove the pump shaft? Or was the knock you heard inside the engine?


    K447 has a good writeup on "the rope trick" some where.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    You using the rope trick? And did you remove the pump shaft? Or was the knock you heard inside the engine?

    Don't know the rope trick. The pump and shaft are completely assembled. Should it be removed? I was hoping to release the coupling and remove the engine w/o all of the breakdown of the pump.

    The knock was in the rear, by the pump I would guess.

  8. #8
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by petrica98 View Post
    Don't know the rope trick. The pump and shaft are completely assembled. Should it be removed? I was hoping to release the coupling and remove the engine w/o all of the breakdown of the pump.

    The knock was in the rear, by the pump I would guess.
    The pump assy needs to be pulled first.

    Have ya looked here for engine removal instructions? http://www.sbtontheweb.com/pdfs/p650750780.pdf

  9. #9
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. couple 150+ mph passes on my old R6.....
    By VFX_Artist in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:53 PM
  2. Couple pump ?'s
    By Vman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
  3. I ran into a couple forum friends on the water today!
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 03:18 PM
  4. Advise for a couple of new skis
    By jack in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
  5. Hey guys a couple of small tips about our boats...good info
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •