Youngs Point
    Youngs Point, Ontario, Canada on the awesome TrentSevern Waterway

Hi-temp Alarm on 2004 rxp

I need some help, I was just out for a trip and my rxp starting beeping and the words" he-temp" came up on my display, when I slowed down to an idle it would go away but when I speed up it would come on again. I not sure if i should believe the sensor and look for a possible problem or suspect the sensor, I checked the sensor at the top rear of the engine and it is reading 570 ohms? Is this correct, could it be a water pump issue?

Any suggestions?

only time i got that, was when i forgot to remove my flush-kit nipple.....

+1
    From your sig do you have the intercooler installed or are you adding it ? If you have the riva intercooler gen 1 they cog very easy and are tough to clean. Hi temp caused by clogged intercooler.

Youngs Point
    Youngs Point, Ontario, Canada on the awesome TrentSevern Waterway

Found the problem !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    From your sig do you have the intercooler installed or are you adding it ? If you have the riva intercooler gen 1 they cog very easy and are tough to clean. Hi temp caused by clogged intercooler.
    I do have the riva intercooler installed. I pulled the machine and flushed out the intercooler and inlet line from the hull. Couldn't really see a "smoking gun" but something must have been in there. I put it back in the water and ran it hard for 20 mins on flat water and no high temp alarms ( gps 77.3mph ). Just completed a 120 mile trip with it yesterday with no problems. Think I'm going to install a filter to keep this from happening again.
    Thanks for the reply

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stonylake rxp View Post
    I do have the riva intercooler installed. I pulled the machine and flushed out the intercooler and inlet line from the hull. Couldn't really see a "smoking gun" but something must have been in there. I put it back in the water and ran it hard for 20 mins on flat water and no high temp alarms ( gps 77.3mph ). Just completed a 120 mile trip with it yesterday with no problems. Think I'm going to install a filter to keep this from happening again.
    Thanks for the reply
    Stony - one other thing to always check, anytime you are moving things around in the back of the ski, be sure to check that you haven't accidentally shifted your exhaust manifold tubing our of place where it connects to the waterbox. There are 3 very small 'pee' holes at the bottom of the j-pipe. These dump water into the water box to help cool the water coming out of the exhaust - if any of these are clogged, you have to remember that you are cutting your flow by 33%. The alignment is very specific - you can't move it around too much and expect that it will still flow water. I had two that were 'blocked' by shifting it out of alignment - tore the ski to pieces several times before finding this.

Thread Information