PLEASE HELP, I have searched the forums, 2000xp no start or beep

A wile back I had my battery tender hooked up backwards, this was already posted and I got freat help from you guys, I was able to save the battery, well I went to start today and put the battery back in and as soon as I connect the positive and neg terminals the light by the fuel tank comes on and stays red, the fuel guage reads what is in the tank..... this is without the dess key on, ...when I put the key on the light stays on the tank still reads but it will not start, will not beep, nothing....im about to go check the fuses.

I thought maybe the battery was weak and IU put my carger on and put it at 2 amp charge, when I did this the speedo went to 20mph....wtf!! so i took the charger off..... could the reverse connections have killed something in the ski, would it kill the dess key, (was not on when the tender was hooked up)... I ran an ohm meter thru the dess key and it has no reading just an open circut......hummm

I will go check fuses and maybe find something.

ok all the fuses are good, I pulled out the complete module, it had 3 wire harness going to it and the fuses on the bottom left..... all were good...however I did notice on the back of this module everything was set in some kind of black silicone, its kinda squishy...well there was something that had oozed out and thry the silicone, it too felt like silicone, probably some kind of pcb or something. Im not sure what else to look for maybe someone else has some info

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    you smoked the MPEM...I did this on my conversion ski cause the battery i bought was labeled backwards. my ski had no power but when i jumped the solenoid it cranked backwards. I got a new MPEM and battery and all was good. hope you find a good deal on a used MPEM. Contact The Wayniac hes probably got one lying around

I wonder if this one is ok.... It looks like a revised part number, mine is 278 001 499, I wonder if this would work... I will send Wayniac a pm and maybe get lucky, I feel that it is the mpem cause the oozing substance out the back...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SeaDo...rcraftQ5fParts

+1
    basically what happened is that the power found its way through the ground wires and we all know that there are no fuses on the ground wiresgood luck with the find

do you think there is any chance of removing the silicon and seeing if there is a diode or resistor that is cooked, or do you think there would be multiple things cooked? Hell if it is toast might as well see what inside...lol

+1
    yea its probly toast. these things were built in a clean room so if your getting another one you might as well play with it

So I jsut got it in today.... 2000 XP and It was said to have a programmed key with it. So I just installed new MPEM and put the key on, and the fuel redlight lit up... then I pressed the button and I heard the starter start to kick and then nothing and the red light flashed and the fuel guage turned off and back on.

I checked the battery and it has lost some charge only 7.8 volts.
    Well I plugged the charger on and put it on 2 amp charge for a few, got up to 9.7 volts and tried again. This time no noise from the starter and no beeps......Im about to see if I just blew a fuse but other then that Im not sure what is doing. Oh and before the old MPEM fried it only beeped sometimes''Any Ideas??

update: I installed my other battery from my Yamaha and tried again, still nothing, I plugged the other key to the MPEM that didnt work and fuel guage come on and then go off, like it does not read that one, so I think that is a good sign. Just cant get any beeps or to start, with the "(programmed key)" and the very first time I pushed the start button it tried to engage and then that was it..... I am starting to like my more simple Yamaha more...

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    If you used a real "Battery Tender" it will not turn on if hooked up backwards. It must have been a standard charger.

Check your fuses, you probably blew one.

Don't blame the Doo- this was all your fault!

I was a real tender, and Im not impressed, It no longer works and just serves as a paper weight. All fuses are a go that are in the MPEM, are there other's that are somewhere else in the hull? I cooked the MPEM a while back, at least that's what I thought. At least with this new one the speedo does not bounce up to 20 mph anymore when u plug the key on....

show me more fuses... lol

Thread Information