Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: broke 08 rxtx

broke 08 rxtx

My buddy and I both have brand new 08 rxt's. His with 27 hours and mine with 24. Overall weve had no problems until yesterday. We were riding at our favorite spot and then he came up to me and said his ski was broke. There is no power left and the ski only goes to 35mph, also it sounds as if it is hitting the rev limitier. I am thinking the clutches are gone for the supercharger and if so arent they under warranty. My local stealerships just hates the "warranty" word so i want to have my stuff right for when i go in there so they dont jerk me arouund.

I think it's not supercharger issues. He sucked up a rock and damaged wear ring, impeller.

Get under it and check to see if anything was sucked up the pump. Then check to see if the S/C can be spun by hand ( but I dont think its a charger issue either).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by just2quick_rxtx View Post
    My buddy and I both have brand new 08 rxt's. His with 27 hours and mine with 24. Overall weve had no problems until yesterday. We were riding at our favorite spot and then he came up to me and said his ski was broke. There is no power left and the ski only goes to 35mph, also it sounds as if it is hitting the rev limitier. I am thinking the clutches are gone for the supercharger and if so arent they under warranty. My local stealerships just hates the "warranty" word so i want to have my stuff right for when i go in there so they dont jerk me arouund.
    1. Check for Boost leak........connection and hoses.
    2. Check your spark plugs.....X-models comes with those Densos and they SUCK.
    3. Remove your air intake connection for the SC. If you can move the wheel with your finger the SC is gone.........

Thoses are brand new boats still under "WARRANTY" if the SC is gone they shall/most replace it.

thanks for the quick responses. When i check to see if something was sucked up do i look into the intake grate? If something was sucked up that wouldnt be covered under warranty would it? I dont believe something was sucked up becuase we were in the middle of the river in about 40ft of water. Also what exactly do i try to spin on the supercharger. Does anyone have a pic. Is the wear ring covered or not? Sorry for the questions but all the money spent on the 2 skis, you would think they would run forever.

+1
    thanks for the quick responses. When i check to see if something was sucked up do i look into the intake grate? If something was sucked up that wouldnt be covered under warranty would it? I dont believe something was sucked up becuase we were in the middle of the river in about 40ft of water. Also what exactly do i try to spin on the supercharger. Does anyone have a pic. Is the wear ring covered or not? Sorry for the questions but all the money spent on the 2 skis, you would think they would run forever.
    You need to take the ski out of the water. Like Blue Thunder said get under and check the grate,pump tunel, look for something stock in it. Check in the back of the ski thur the nozzle and try to see if something is stock in it. Pull your air intake connection from the SC thur the 3" openning you can spin the SC wheel with your hand/finger if it doesn't turn the SC is good.

If it happens to be something sucked up in it, is the wear ring covered under warranty.

+1
    If it happens to be something sucked up in it, is the wear ring covered under warranty.
    Possible NOT............It's like you said ( My local stealerships just hates the "warranty" word so i want to have my stuff right for when i go in there so they dont jerk me arouund).

Wear rings are considered "wear items", thus their name. Spark plugs, impellers, oil, gas, scratches on the hull are all considered wear items... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post

3. Remove your air intake connection for the SC. If you can move the wheel with your finger the SC is gone.........
    Sorry To Hi-jack your conversation, But on my supercharger i can take my fingers and get it to move but it is very hard. Is that normal? Or should i not be able to move it by hand period?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information