Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raced a GPR 1300 and well.... got spanked!!!

Went out last weekend and i was in the process of putting on my STG 1 and i only put on the intake, grate and exhaust on. So i was in this bay and 2 guys on 03 GP1300R's(165hp) wanted to race me , so hey i said ok cause i already smoked my buddy's 06 GP1300(170hp). So we went from a roll and me needing a new wear ring at the time, spun pretty bad but still pulled them by about 2 ski's when really i should have smoked them, so as were going i notice they are coming back FAST!!!, im like holyshit , im trying everything superman, triming different, nope they passed me and beat by about 2-3 jet ski's . So im like lets go from a dead stop and we did and i spun bad and the outcome was the same. Now heres the BS part of it , the guys said there machines were completely stock , i laughed and said BS, no way, and we argued and so i looked under his seat and there was no pipes no flame arrestors nothing but the head bolts looked like they've been taken off, and they both had extended nozzles and one had a different pump, cause man these guys got outta the whole quick. Even my body with the GP1300R said they were BS'n, but either way it was sweet to race them im going to be lookin for them this weekend now i have my pump wedge and impellar and BOV on, im going to get my revenge back!!!, oh an were's the best trim spot with a wedge and top speed!

+1
    Those guys were not stock. Maybe not a bunch of motor parts, but 4-sure they sealed their pump shoes and pump/prop mods. Most likely stock head milled and maybe even porting or reeds. Aftermarket ride plates add 2+ mph on a GPR.

I went riding with Todd (RIDEALLDAY) and a few others last weekend. Todd has a stock RXP w/sponsons, grate, and OPAS blockoffs. I was riding a stocker 05 GPR and Todd was all over me like ants on a chicken bone. The only boat that day that could keep up with the RXP, was Johns 06 GPR, and it aint stock. Well, stock head and compression only. Riding a stock boat gave me a new "respect" for the low end power of the RXPs.

Now if I was on my 04 GPR, it would have been a different story.

Credit where it's due...
    Stock for stock the RXP used to kick my ass all day long on a stock '03 1300R. I was super jealous of that acceleration especially. 2 years and 2500 bucks later it's a different story. But what kind of weiner hops up his 1300 and challenges RXPs representing his boat as stock. It's a reflection of what a cheese dick the guy is. C'mon, if you're not stock, it's not cool to do that. Your RXP is a great craft, that dude on the 1300R is a weiner, end of story.

Thnx guys, ya there ass ends/pump area didnt look stock and one of them ha dsomething done to the exhaust cause you could hear it. But ya i was kinda pissed just cause i wanted to know what i was up against , like for mods, cause man were they haulin but now im going back for revenge i will let you guys know what happens if find them!!! Ya my buddy wanted to know what they had to so he could beat me with his 06 GPR but they wouldnt even tell him either. Ohwell!!

That's seriously weak cheese. They probably didn't even do the work on the skis themselves. The sooner you forget about them the better. There are plenty of good guys out there who love talking about their skis and sharing what they know. I never hold out on someone who asks an intelligent or earnest question about performance.

I'll give you another story my buddy has 06 1300r raced a rxt 4 times from a roll and a dead stop my buddy got beat all four times by the rxt Let's face it the seadoo's are here to stay, If you want to play with them you will have to do a little modding

+1
    Forrest, that RXT, and I will be in Jacksonville again next month for the rally. I hope we can all do it again soon, It was a blast. Are u and don coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by mile_hi_1300
    Credit where it's due...
    Stock for stock the RXP used to kick my ass all day long on a stock '03 1300R. I was super jealous of that acceleration especially. 2 years and 2500 bucks later it's a different story. But what kind of weiner hops up his 1300 and challenges RXPs representing his boat as stock. It's a reflection of what a cheese dick the guy is. C'mon, if you're not stock, it's not cool to do that. Your RXP is a great craft, that dude on the 1300R is a weiner, end of story.
    Lol, my rxp will forever be stock no matter how much money is in it or how hard it runs its just part of the whole game and why this guy is so frustrated but then again I might be a cheese dick

?

Define "Cheese Dick."

your wear ring being bad is probably the MAIN reason they beat you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information