Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help With Some Basic Mods

A few weeks back I purchased a brand new 08’ Ultra LX. I love the ski, but now riding it for a few weeks I think I should have shelled out the extra cash for an Ultra 250 or 260. Most of my riding buddies have the 250’s and when riding with them it kills me that I can’t catch up to them, anyway I wanted to ask for some assistance on how to open her up a little more. I have been dealing with “modified “cars for many years now, but am brand new to the wave runner world (and loving it). That being said, basic mods that most people install at first are I/H/E (Intake, Headers, Exhaust). Now are far as basic mods for the Jet Ski goes, what are they and what companies are recommended?
    I believe the exhaust and impellor are the two of the parts that can get swapped out for more performance oriented parts, but wanted to get a confirmation on that? Also what manufacturer?

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Add a Riva Ride plate and make sure it fits snug against the hull with no lips or edges. Fill the ride plate holes with JB weld or silicone. Add an air intake (riva or rogue), and you can add the riva water box and free flow exhaust kit. For an impeller call dave at impros.com. These mods will help, but you'll never be able to catch the Ultra. I'm guessing it'd add around 4-5 mph in top speed.

You could call maccracing and ask about extrude and honing the exhaust manifold. When I was there he said it was worth 8 hp on a stock 15f. Roguejets was working on a set of headers, not sure if they're done or not.

slap a turbo on it! Other than that, IMO, your wasting money on an LX...These hulls are HEAVY, I cant imagine what it would feel like minus my Supercharger...Seriously....Add a turbo! Maybe some JE pistons....And your set. OR...>Get a 260x...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    slap a turbo on it! Other than that, IMO, your wasting money on an LX...These hulls are HEAVY, I cant imagine what it would feel like minus my Supercharger...Seriously....Add a turbo! Maybe some JE pistons....And your set. OR...>Get a 260x...
    I dont know if you were being sarcastic about the turbo bit but I was thinking about it. Almost every car I have at one point or another has been turbo'd by me. My only concerns for turboing the jet ski would be the tunning, everything else would not be a problem for me... any suggestions on that? thanks!

What kind of turbo could be good? Any link to shopper of turbo?

You need also a programmable ecu and a new exhaust.

Do you need any oyher engine mods?

Another idea ... Why don't we make a turbo and sc ski?
    Both as many audi ot wv have. We could with sc solve the prob of turbo lag...

Quote Originally Posted by powerdbygarrett View Post
    I dont know if you were being sarcastic about the turbo bit but I was thinking about it. Almost every car I have at one point or another has been turbo'd by me. My only concerns for turboing the jet ski would be the tunning, everything else would not be a problem for me... any suggestions on that? thanks!

I was being dead serious. You will never have the pickup, torque, or top speed of a 250x. As far as tunning is concerned, I'm not a tunner, i just race em......SO I cant help you there. check out www.250xtech.com
    A few guys are trying to go turbo on their X's, but nobody that I know of has done the turbo on the LX. I've seen 1 turbo live for a few minutes. looks, and sounded fast.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    What kind of turbo could be good? Any link to shopper of turbo?

You need also a programmable ecu and a new exhaust.

Do you need any oyher engine mods?

Another idea ... Why don't we make a turbo and sc ski?
    Both as many audi ot wv have. We could with sc solve the prob of turbo lag...
    I was thinking somthing the size of 16g, I dont see a 1.6L motor having a problem spool such a little turbo, I used to run a t25 on my 1.6L civic engine. Ecu on the kawi im sure can be chipped, software to tune it im not so sure about, engine mods, would be manifold, turbo, wastegate, downpipe, exhaust, intake, injectors, bov, ect ect...

I don't know anything about Turbos, but I can tell you I got 4mph (GPS) by just adding a Riva ride plate, 2* wedge and Riva Air intake. My next step is to delete the second water box with a U-pipe and block the BOV.
    Good Luck with your MODS

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatak9 View Post
    I don't know anything about Turbos, but I can tell you I got 4mph (GPS) by just adding a Riva ride plate, 2* wedge and Riva Air intake. My next step is to delete the second water box with a U-pipe and block the BOV.
    Good Luck with your MODS
    What intake did you add? Also with as long as I have been on here I never found out how a 2* wedge would work on an LX. With the lower power not really pulling up the bow does she still handle chop with the plate and wedge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information