Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to the Caribbean
    Posts
    608
    +1
    1

    Any ramp pwc friendly by Isla Morada?

    I want to go to the sandbar for the long weekend coming up, what is the closest marina where I can launch my PWC and park.

    So far I have been told that I can go to Harry Harris Park but I called and for non Monroe residents is $10 to launch and 5 per person = $25 in my case.


  2. #2
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    You are correct with the charges at Harry Harris. There is a ramp near MM 79, on Indian Key Fill, bayside. Free but it's not the best ramp, you may need a small truck.
    Holiday Isle has a ramp but no idea on charges or who can use it.

  3. #3
    tomgtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Weston Florida (Ft. Lauderdale)
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    1

    Mile Marker 79

    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    I want to go to the sandbar for the long weekend coming up, what is the closest marina where I can launch my PWC and park.

    So far I have been told that I can go to Harry Harris Park but I called and for non Monroe residents is $10 to launch and 5 per person = $25 in my case.
    Hard to beat MM79, its free, many SoFla Riders hang out there, easy run to
    Holiday Isle sandbar via bayside or Ocean.

    check out our Past Events section for plenty of pix.........and yes we ate the whole 110 pound pig......

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to the Caribbean
    Posts
    608
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    Hard to beat MM79, its free, many SoFla Riders hang out there, easy run to
    Holiday Isle sandbar via bayside or Ocean.

    check out our Past Events section for plenty of pix.........and yes we ate the whole 110 pound pig......
    Would I have a problem there using a 4 cyl Honda Accord? Or I need a truck to launch there?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    Would I have a problem there using a 4 cyl Honda Accord? Or I need a truck to launch there?

    Thanks
    It depends on who tore up the ramp earlier and on the tide. It's a compacted sand ramp. Sometimes it's smooth but it's usually rutted pretty bad. I would say no for a car. Smugglers Cove has a ramp, not sure of the charge though. That's right after the drawbridge, bayside as you get on Windley Key. Give them a call, I don't think it's for hotel guests only. Maybe someone will chime in.

  6. #6
    spelling police HAZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    846
    +1
    3
    The last time I went there I used a ramp called siesta key marina. Its on the right after the tiki bar island (holiday isle). I payed $22 bucks to use the ramp, kinda pricey but the facilities are real nice. This is probably some private ramp, but the dude was willing to let me use it. Place has showers, nice bathrooms,eating area. Kinda hard to find on the return trip though because of the mangroves. Only bad part was that I couldnt flush my ski there, but was allowed to hose it off.

    I was in your hood yesterday Ian. I met Matt and he showed me the tarpon pier. Those things are huge!

  7. #7
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    I was in your hood yesterday Ian. I met Matt and he showed me the tarpon pier. Those things are huge!
    Yea, they are huge. Try snorkeling and seeing one!

  8. #8
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington, Florida
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    Yea, they are huge. Try snorkeling and seeing one!

    Sissy's. If you feed them, hold the fish in the palm of your hand and let the fish swallow your hand. I had my arm up to the elbow in a 200# plus tarpon at Robbie's a few weeks ago. Freaked all the tourists out.

  9. #9
    freakboy35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    (ft lauderdale)
    Posts
    1,526
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSmalley View Post
    Sissy's. If you feed them, hold the fish in the palm of your hand and let the fish swallow your hand. I had my arm up to the elbow in a 200# plus tarpon at Robbie's a few weeks ago. Freaked all the tourists out.
    What would these be? This was on our honeymoon in Mexico, Claudia thought she was about to be attacked by a shark while snorkeling with these. They were about 4 foot long.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1261.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	146371  

  10. #10
    espritonsevas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miami,Fl.
    Posts
    388
    I have the best ramp in the world in the keys, but no parking lol. Its free and in the middle of all the good spots. I would tell you, but no idea what the address is, if you find a good ramp though let us know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
  2. Any GPR VXR side by side on water pics/videos
    By Mongoose in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. Has anyone had any Round MFDs rebuilt by anyone on here???
    By jarcynvicnchris93 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 04:48 AM
  4. Any good PWC magazines out there???
    By Rocky_Road in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 10:04 AM
  5. Isla Morada's Sandbar on 03/15/08
    By EGGonz in forum Southeast
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •