Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation tunnel reinforcement and leak problem

well now i have two problems to worry about...

1st is the rxp is leaking and i have no clue as to why. took the cowling off and sure enough the bailer tubes were all attached. all hoses attached. so i fill the hull up to the supercharger housing with water, no leaks coming out from the bottom. the leak happens only when riding, and half filled the hull within prolly 1 minute of high speed riding and another minute of idle.....

2nd when i took the cowling off i noticed the right side of the pump tunnel to be chipping away. upon further inspection you can peel off maybe a half inch of fiberglasss or whatever they have in there. i'll try to post pics of that.

this is a stock 05 machine with little over 20 hours (if that) on it!!

sorry about my negative attitude but this summer hasent been that fun for me i need help with this machine....

haha im allready looking into snowmobile season, hopfully get a yamaha apex this winter.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    have u got a warranty?

what other aftermarket parts?

as u've diagnosed it does seem tunnel / carbon seal related since it mostly or only occurs when the machine is running

have u tried flushing it on the hose for awhile and make sure it's not a water leak thru any water lines, intercooler, or exhaust?

all stock, expect cutting of "shark teeth" and 14/19 solas impeller. cant really flush it until i change the oil and such since it was full of water i was thinking of the carbon seal 2, only i dont know how to check that..haha i know it's on or by the driveshaft.....

Yah it's under warrenty atleast i think bought it last july and still need to purchase the extended warrenty called the dealer and they said because it was supercharged $1000

+1
    Get it out on the water and ride for a while. Pull your seat off and ride while looking at the carbon ring. If there is a problem there, you will see water spritzing out of that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Get it out on the water and ride for a while. Pull your seat off and ride while looking at the carbon ring. If there is a problem there, you will see water spritzing out of that area.

that is proably what im going to do next after i get it running right.....or just take it to the dealer and start the season again next year ha

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiplickhahaha
    Yah it's under warrenty atleast i think bought it last july and still need to purchase the extended warrenty called the dealer and they said because it was supercharged $1000
    u bought it last july... as in 2005? ... then it came with 1 year and it expired... it's august now

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    u bought it last july... as in 2005? ... then it came with 1 year and it expired... it's august now

great

+1

thats pretty cool thanks hulk

i'll try to post the pics and see what you guys think, also thanks to everyone for helping me this season has kinda sucked i'll just put the boat in the garage and start messing with it..i might get a ride or two in before winter if i fix it haha

==update==

just took it out to the river ran it on the trailer with the cowling off, nada nothing no leaks!!! bone dry......

saw water going through the bailer tubes kinda neat......

so it only leaks when it's running in the water with the engine on

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information