Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 Yamaha's Announced August 21st

received a notice from yamaha via email.. announcing the release of information on the 07's August 21st ...12 noon est, on their site ...www.yamahamotors.com
    Last edited by w/rpm500; 08-11-2006 at 11:29 AM.

+1
    So who thinks they will actually release a new ski or will it be BNG for another year.

+1
    C'mon, Yamaha! Raise the bar!

I heard that there is nothing new though...

I received the e-mail also and they stated:

"Heads will turn. Know what they're looking at." Wonder what that could mean?

Every guy that I talk too down at the shop say yamaha will be releasing a supercharged GPR. Were they get that, don't know. But its not just them its other dealers as well.

Someone said that yamaha is very happy with the VX and FX sales and that they would not offer anything else. Those 2 skis sell in mass quantities because people like them and performance is pretty good. VX for beginners and rental places and FX for the novice or family oriented folks. Both are pretty good for what they are.

But every company needs that one performance oriented craft. Its not like the GPR never sold. They can't forget about the people that have performance in mind, theres too many of them.

Maybe racing is not what it once was or having too many different models will impede on overall sales but there is a big market for it. Mainly I think because of followers and that the other perfomance craft out the RXP is not completely satisfactory. Kind of like people trading in their GPRs to get the 4stroke high horsepower ski the RXP. But since the RXPs have been out long enough and they still have not fixed the problem with them, yamaha can come and sweep the RXP crowd with a GPR performance machine that would exceed the RXP. You would have people trading in their RXPs for GPRs.

Too go faster you need weight for stability at higher spees therefore needing more power and 4strokes weigh more anyways. But take the RXP its size and weight and take an FX size and weight. They perform differently but weight about the same with 4strokes.

Yamaha needs a performance machine and a fun machine. GPR and SJ.
    Beginner craft lower end VX and FX for the all around family stuff and the old people who want the fun but not the bruises or soreness afterwards. Is yamaha big enough to do that with rising gas prices. Kawasaki has gone down to 4 models being available and soon they will probably only offer 3 when the 900 2 stroke is eliminated.

I'm sure they studied the RXPs and the sales it had when it first came out and the RXT when it came out. Imagine if they released a high powered muslecraft and high powered cruiser with their reliability and durability.

+1
    Well stated, Sir.

+1
    "the RXP is not completely satisfactory."

No watercraft ever will be... too many people want too many different things.

well, i know in my area there are alot of RXP's. Yamaha missed out on alot of sales.

I know they took the market on the cruisers and beginers, but like you said, there are alot of people out there that want performance (the fastest ski).

+1
    I received the e-mail also and they stated:

"Heads will turn. Know what they're looking at." Wonder what that could mean?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heads turn, wonder witch way not down in shame hopefully
    Come on Yamaha you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by gp12
    "Heads will turn. Know what they're looking at.
    It will be purple and yellow ala VXR. Yamaha takes a card from the automotive deck and puts a vintage spin on their next lineup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information