Broken Exhaust clamp question

On my 2005 RXT the first ride of the season the exhaust clamp broke and filled the ski with water. I immediately shut it off and got help to have it pulled to the nearest marina and they pulled it out and immediately drained it. I purchased the extended warranty and have 2 weeks left on it. I called the local SeaDoo dealer and was told it had to go to an authorized dealer so I picked it up and brought it to the closest one. They called me and said the warranty claim was denied (never made one single claim since new) and that the exhaust clamp was a regular maintenence part. Has anyone ever been told to change the exhaust clamp and do you think a stainless steel clamp should ever fail? I have called the warranty people 30 times and get the same recording and no one ever answers. At this point it isn't even about the money, I am pissed the dealer has done nothing to help me and more pissed I bought an extended warranty that wasn't worth a nickel. Am I nuts or should the ski be covered for an exhaust clamp breaking and filling the ski with water?

Thanks,
    Jeff

I just went through the exact same thing on my one month old RXT-X 255. I feel for you. My ski had less than 3 hours on it and was 8 days old when the exhaust blew off and filled the ski with water. They covered the boil out procedure as well as the supercharger rebuild and spark plug change. Good luck. I just recently purchased the 5 year BRP BEST extended warranty I hope I get better service than you have received.

Quote Originally Posted by 98supra6spd View Post
    I just went through the exact same thing on my one month old RXT-X 255. I feel for you. My ski had less than 3 hours on it and was 8 days old when the exhaust blew off and filled the ski with water. They covered the boil out procedure as well as the supercharger rebuild and spark plug change. Good luck. I just recently purchased the 5 year BRP BEST extended warranty I hope I get better service than you have received.

I read your post as well. I would demand a new ski if that happened to a brand new unit. Who knows what issues may come up later because everything was under water. No excuse to have to deal with that and your selling dealer should step up and replace it. I am sorry now I bought that warranty as they have zero customer service and when they deny you, you can't even speak to anyone. I have 2 seadoos, an RXT and an RXP and after 4 years this summer is the first time I have had issues and now both have a problem.

Forgot to ask, what is a boil out procedure? They told me they needed to change the oil 5 or 6 times to get all the water out and clean the supercharger and it should be fine. My bay is saltwater as well which is even a bigger issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice It View Post
    On my 2005 RXT the first ride of the season the exhaust clamp broke and filled the ski with water. I immediately shut it off and got help to have it pulled to the nearest marina and they pulled it out and immediately drained it. I purchased the extended warranty and have 2 weeks left on it. I called the local SeaDoo dealer and was told it had to go to an authorized dealer so I picked it up and brought it to the closest one. They called me and said the warranty claim was denied (never made one single claim since new) and that the exhaust clamp was a regular maintenence part. Has anyone ever been told to change the exhaust clamp and do you think a stainless steel clamp should ever fail? I have called the warranty people 30 times and get the same recording and no one ever answers. At this point it isn't even about the money, I am pissed the dealer has done nothing to help me and more pissed I bought an extended warranty that wasn't worth a nickel. Am I nuts or should the ski be covered for an exhaust clamp breaking and filling the ski with water?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Guys, sorry about your problems and dealer BS!

This is a classic example of why our pwc should have a bilge pump installed. It may not keep totally up with the flooding but WILL get you back to the ramp or shore before it sinks and causes more damage!

Here's the "how to install bilge pump, groco strainer, and 4" Kanaflex intake" link, see post #22 for the latest version of the document!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=79658&page=3

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice It View Post
    Forgot to ask, what is a boil out procedure? They told me they needed to change the oil 5 or 6 times to get all the water out and clean the supercharger and it should be fine. My bay is saltwater as well which is even a bigger issue.
    if you got salt water in your engine you must get it out asap. no mater what the warranty/stealership does, you must get the salt water out immediately.

I think there is a how too on water ingestion but salt water needs to be tended to imediately.

I had the EXACT same thing happen two weeks ago........(luckily my engine didnt take on water).......And NO I think a STAINLESS STEEL clamp is NOT maintenance..........I mean come on ...........my calmp broke after 4 years........(I had a lot of clamps replaced after this instance). I wish Seadoo would stand by their machines (my sc went out on me too this year) After I sell this I doubt ill every buy another seadoo until I start hearing better things about them. Good luck with the clamp issue......Is there anything in a service manual about servicing (replacing)these clamps periodically???? anyone???

Thread Information